20-disruption.

Sloane POV

After Zeph and Dusk had left I drifted back to sleep.

I was genuinely in pain.

"Everyone get out!" I opened my eyes as my friends helped me to my feet.

"What the hell? They're here?" I ask.

"Yeah and they're really pissed." Varona said.

They help me out and we see Zeph tied up beside a crowd of angry nymphs.

I looked around to find Dusk but couldn't see her.

"You're coming with us." They separated us and I winced in pain.

"Injury, be gentle." I turned and saw the nymph from earlier.

"Keep it down Lotus, you're already in trouble." An older one said.

"Yes but she's hurt. I'm a healer too, don't forget that my duty comes first." She says.

I shoot her a grateful look as we continue forward.

"We'll see what Tempest has to say." She said once again.

The journey back to their palace wasn't long and we were escorted inside their throne room.

"What happened?" A soft voice said.

"Tempest, we found intruders. They were assisted by Lotus." She said.

"I'm going to need an explanation."

Her soft voice would fool anyone who didn't know that she was dangerous.

"She fell in the tide pool I was in and she was bleeding, so I led her inside the cave and tried healing her." Lotus explains.

"Then why is she still here?"

"Because we need your help." I say breaking free from her grasp and walking toward Tempest.

"Oh?"

I dig out the photo and show it to her.

"Where did you get this?" She asks.

"They gave it to me, I need your help." I say as guards appeared.

"Who are you? Take her away!"

"I am Maverick's daughter, and all of our kingdoms are in danger." I tell her.

She waves her hand and everyone else clears the room.

"What do you mean?" She asks.

"You haven't heard?"

"No."

"Vadronia and Sakaris are the only kingdom's that knew about the rebels from Sirion and their attack. They're planning to eradicate us and we all know they have the technology to." I say.

"And even though you guys haven't spoken I'm pretty sure my aunt would've sent word out to you." I say.

"Is she with you?"

"No, I left a few years ago. I've been with Xamira-"

She gasps.

"Where is she? Did something happen to her?"

"She's with Vhaerun and Falconia back on Vadronia. I told them I'd send them if I was in trouble." I say.

"And you being a captive in my kingdom isn't?" She asks raising her brow.

"Not when I can do this." I say just as my body ignites.

She steps back looking at me before I take it back.

"But how? Only a mermaid can help a mage access that power. What are you?" She asks stepping forward.

"I don't know either, my father was an Aether spirit and my mother was attuned to blood. We were hoping an earth, water and air nymph could help us figure it out." I say.

"So story Lotus told was fake?"

"Oh no, I was-I am in pain and she genuinely did help me but we did it because we needed her help as a water nymph." I say.

"Okay, we'll help you. But I'll need something in return." She says before clapping her hands.

Lotus, Zeph and my friends reenter the room.

"Send for Florina." She says and a minute later another nymph enters.

I follow to the center of the room as she opens her palms to the two other nymphs and they encase me.

They soon begin singing and swaying together. I noticed a tint surrounded them just as a bright light took over my vision.

.