chapter 1 "DAYDREAMING"

Working hours again is done, its my routine to look at my office window.

Observing people who are passing by.

Some are students or schoolmates who are chatting and laughing, maybe they got good grades in school or having a good chat with their classmates.

Some are lovers walking and holding hands. 

Some are office workers who are rushing to get home with their families.

Some may be loner like me who just stare at their phone while walking.

Some families with a smile on their faces walking with their kids whose excited to go shopping.

Growing up was not easy for me.

My father passed away when I was just 16 years old, and my mother left me soon after.

She promised to find a job and a place for us to live in the city, but unfortunately, she never returned.

I had to grow up fast and become independent.

I decided to move to the city at a young age and work hard during the day to support myself financially. At night, I studied hard to maintain high grades and be a scholar.

Unfortunately, due to my hectic schedule, I never had time for friends or relationships.

After seven long years of hard work and dedication, I finally achieved my dream job. I became a junior director at a highly respected company in Seoul, South Korea.

Despite the hardships I faced, I am proud of what I have accomplished and grateful for the opportunities that came my way

"I was daydreaming when my phone rang.

It was Grace, my secretary, who informed me that someone was looking for me.

I told her that I didn't have a scheduled meeting at the moment. Grace then told me that a woman who claimed to be my mother, Kang Tzuyu, was looking for me.

I was stunned upon hearing her name.

It had been seven years since she left and now she had the audacity to show up again.

I decided it was time to face her and tell her how much I had suffered living alone and lonely. It was also time for her to realize how irresponsible she had been as a mother.