chapter 10 "THE DEAL"

"Who the hell are you?!" I exclaimed, my tone full of confusion and anger.

Im Danielle Marsh

I know what you've been through. I've heard all about your hurts and heartaches. I can sense your pain and I know how hard it can be. I'm here for you if you need someone to talk to.

I do not need your pity. "Could you please mind your own business?"

Did you know that there is a belief that jumping into the river on Friday is bad luck?

Bad luck? I chuckled sarcastically. Why do I even care about it if Im about to end my life now?

Im just saying, and besides, are you going to jump into that river this day?

Where other people are passing by. You will just end up in the hospital cause if I wasnt able to rescue you, some others might be.

You will just pay overpriced hospital bills and endure the pain of fractured bones and scars.

This girl said, looking deeply into my eyes or almost into my soul.

"Why do you care?" I questioned, hoping to understand the reason behind her concern

With a serious tone, she asked, "Why don't we have a deal?"

A deal? What deal?

Aside from the bad luck of jumping into that river today, and the greater possibility that it won't be successful due to the circumstances I've stated

why dont we just do it tomorrow night at midnight if there are no other people passing by in this area? She said with no expression but with serious tone.

Wait, WHAT? WE?! I spoke in a confused manner.

Yes, WE, we will jump into that river together tomorrow night. She said

Are you insane? Do you know why I wanted to jump into that river? Is because I want to end my life.

I want to end this heartache and loneliness I'm feeling.

I dont want to live this miserable life. I wanted to be with my family. I said to her madly so this crazy lady would understand.

"I'm well aware of your plan," she said with an expressionless face. Her words were clear and left no doubt in my mind about her knowledge. I wondered if she was serious, but her unwavering gaze convinced me that she knew more than she let on.

If this is kind of prank shit, just dont get me involved in it.

No! I will do it with you; we will jump into that river tomorrow to end our lives.

Okay, Im done. This girl is crazy.

I walked where my car park was and passed her by. I dont care about the bad luck she's talking about, but she has a point about people passing by who might rescue me if I do it.

"Hey there, Haerin, please wait!" she called out in a commanding voice.

I looked at her with confusion and asked, "How do you know my name?"

It is written on the back of your jacket, and I assume that might be your name.

I take off my jacket and look at it, Oh crap! This is my working jacket. I will fire whoever designs this.

As I rode inside my car, I noticed that she had joined me in the passenger seat.

What are you doing? I said to her in an irritated tone.

I'll come with you. Since we have a deal, and to make sure you won't ditch me tomorrow night, she said with a smile.

"It is now confirmed that this girl is insane."