chapter 8 "SURPRISE DESTINATION"

"Happy birthday, baby! I have a gift for you. Please open it."

Are you planning to surprise me with a gift? Because I have a feeling that I received one last night.

Last night? Did I give you something last night?

"Yeah, you know, it's like what we always do every night since I came back."

"Oh gosh, Vanes, please stop being a pervert."

"I must admit, you look absolutely adorable when you blush like that," she said with a playful grin.

-----------------------------------

Baby I love it it's so beautiful. This is a red string of fate bracelet.

From the first time I saw you, I knew we were destined to be together forever. I said to Vanessa, while looking lovingly into her eyes as she wore the bracelet.

I love you so much, Danielle! She said, looking at me with teary eyes.

Where would you like to celebrate your birthday? Would you prefer to have dinner at a restaurant or would you like me to cook for you at home?

We had dinner with James and Cathy last night. Let's go somewhere today, babe.

Where we going baby?

She whispered in my ear, "It's a surprise, you'll find out soon." Then she gave me a kiss on the lips.

-----------------------------------

"Wow, you look amazing in that dress! It suits you so well and you look absolutely adorable!"

While twirling, I told Vanessa that this is a gift from you upon your return from Paris.

It's a comfortable floral balloon dress that fits perfectly to my body.

"Cute!" she exclaimed, smiling and nodding while giving a thumbs up.

-----------------------------------

As part of our routine, we play music in her car on our way to her surprise destination, with her hand intertwined with mine.

"Baby, this is our song. I knew I loved you by Savage Garden.

There's something special about singing together with loved ones while your favorite song plays on the radio. The joy and connection we feel in those moments are truly priceless.

I knew I loved you before I met you

I think I dreamed you into life

I knew I loved you before I met you

I have been waiting all my life

----------------------------------------------

Here we are babe, this is my secret surprise for you.

"Wow! I never knew there was a place like this in Seoul. It provides an overview of the city and is so relaxing. The air is fresh and crisp, almost as if you are in a cloud, with your own world to enjoy."

I'm glad you like it. Let me gather the food and other things. We can picnic here until sunset.

When did you prepare all of this baby?

"While you're sleeping like a log, baby," she said while laughing.

I woke up early to prepare for our picnic. I just want you to be with me on my birthday.

We stayed in a beautiful place until sunset, reminiscing about how we met and started dating. We exchanged words of love and how much we care for each other, planning for our future, kissing, hugging, and gazing into each other's eyes. The feeling of overflowing love was so strong that we didn't want the moment to end.

"Before we go home, there's a small chapel less than a kilometer away that I would like to visit. I want to pray for another wonderful year of life with you. She hugged me from behind as she spoke.

Of course, baby, thats a beautiful idea.

--------------------------------------------

"Vanessa, is that you? Oh, dear! You look so pretty."

"Hello, Sister Olga, I was unaware that you are still assigned to this chapel."

Baby, meet Sister Olga - she's in charge of the chapel's choirs. Sister Olga, this is Danielle, my fiancé.

"Oh, she's as pretty as you. You both look good together."

I met Sister Olga when I did pro bono photo shoots for her choir members and some activities at the chapel.

Vanessa's job was nothing short of fantastic, and what's even more remarkable is that she didn't ask for a single penny in return. Her kindness is truly something to be admired.

Sister Olga, we must leave. "It's lovely to see you again, Sister," she said while embracing Sister Olga and showing respect.

Vanessa, I almost forgot to wish you a happy birthday today. Please be careful driving to the business city area, as it's quite dark out.

---------------------------------------

We are overjoyed on this day, feeling like our lives have been refreshed. We can't stop smiling until suddenly, in the blink of an eye, another car crashes into ours. The last thing I remember is Vanessa covering her body to protect mine.