chapter 5 "little brother"

Upon my arrival at the hospital, Dr. Pham's face drooped with sorrow as she spoke. Her words conveyed a sense of deep sadness that weighed heavily on me.

I'm sorry Ms. Kang both of your parents are dead on arrival

In that moment, I was struck with shock and a sense of numbness that left me unable to move even the slightest bit. As the Dr. Pham spoke, I found it hard to process their words and every breath felt like a struggle.

Where is Jungwon? where is my brother?!

Doctor Pham's somber expression gave us a sense of what was to come. "At this point, we're doing everything we can, but the chances of his recovery are slim. He's currently in ICU." Her words were heavy with meaning, and I knew that the situation was dire.

"I really need to see my brother. Please, I wanted to be with him."

As I made my way towards the ICU, an urgent message blared from the hospital's speaker system. It's essential to be aware of any announcements in a hospital setting, as they may contain critical information that could impact patient care.

"Immediate action is required. The ICU has declared a Code Blue and we need Dr. Pham to proceed to the ICU right away. Please respond swiftly to ensure patient safety."

The scene in the ICU is chaotic, with an endless stream of doctors and nurses rushing to attend to Jungwon's in need. The urgency of the situation is palpable, and every second counts. They didn't allow me to go inside, so I am just observing from outside the window. I saw them trying to revive Jungwon, giving CPR. There are machines connected to my brother's body and I dont even know what are those for.

I may not be a religious person, nor do I attend church every Sunday, but this time I am pleading with all my heart. "Please, save my brother Jungwon. I am willing to do anything it takes to ensure his safety."

The moment I uttered those words, a resounding beep echoed from one of the machines linked to Jungwon.

Time of death 11:55 PM

I feel devastated, frightened, and lost after losing my family and everything else. Everything is gone.

MY WORLD IS OVER.