10

"Ch ... uh, chief. Just a friendly nudge. Your letter of recommendation is due by the end of the day." Miranda reminded him. She knew it was of the utmost importance to secure his recommendation

"I'll remind Patricia.

"You have written it?" She asked

"You'll get your letter of recommendation" He kept walking

George walked over to Miranda "I need more time "He sighed

"No"

"Don't get me wrong, I am honored that you asked me over all the other residents, But, you know, it's not easy distilling a doctor of your stature down to 500 words or less."

Unimpressed by his flattery she rolled her eyes " I chose you, O'Malley, because you were the only one I could trust to do this without screwing it up, so don't" She firmly held her ground. With Richard giving her the run around she didn't need George playing around with her letter.

The entire day she was caught up with her application and her recommendation. Even when Izzie came to complain to her she was too preoccupied to even really listen to her.

Later when Richard finally gave her his letter she was still preoccupied to hear Callie now trying to rant to her about Arizona calling her a newborn and turning her down.

"I'm, uh, looking for you to agree with me here, Bailey" Callie looked at her "Bailey?"

Miranda furrowed her brow as he read over the letter

"The chief, he ... he wrote me a form letter of recommendation."

"What? That's insane. He's the chief and you're Bailey. " Callie wasn't sure why her friend was offended but she was a ride-or-die type of friend so she went with it

"Pleasant in the O.R. And enjoyed by the nurses. "She has completed a serviceable amount of research. ... A fine addition to any program." She read it aloud "Fine. He used the word "fine."

"Well..." Callie was about to say something but Miranda continued her rant

"A blank page would mean more. I pulled off a 12-person domino surgery. I took out and put back six of a dying girl's organs. I am Dr. Bailey. I am better than fine." She scoffed. How could he just say she was fine? Of all the wonderful ways he could brag about her, he went with fine addition. She's a resident who practically runs general surgery but she's just fine.

Recognizing the importance of a recommendation George sought advice on his letter from Izzie.

"Come on. I just need you to tell me if it's worthy of Dr. Bailey."

"Dr. Bailey is an ass. Say that. Say that she doesn't listen to the residents when they have important information about the interns" She disregarded him

"I think you're missing the point of the exercise, which is to say nice and impressive things." He sighed and shook his head. He didn't want to return to Miranda with a letter short of perfection. Aside from being honored, he was terrified of her.

Izzie had her own business going on and didn't care for him bothering her about a silly little letter. "George, just ... say she's dependable, say she's selfless. Everything she was until she wasn't. Just ... you should probably go."

"Dependably selfless. Thank you." He walked away. He finished up his letter and gave it to Miranda. He stared at her nervously as she read it over.

"I know it's bad ... but ... I tried. You're just ... very complex. Hard to wordify" He tried to defend himself before she bit his head off.