34

Weeks later, Miranda woke up in the middle of the night with intense cramping. Alarmed, she woke Ben, and they rushed to the hospital. After several hours of tests and examinations, the doctor delivered the heartbreaking news: Miranda had experienced a miscarriage.

Miranda's eyes filled with tears as the doctor spoke, her hand instinctively reaching out to grasp Ben's for support. "I'm so sorry," the doctor said softly, her voice filled with compassion.

Ben's heart sank as he looked at Miranda, his eyes filled with sorrow and disbelief. "Oh, Miranda," he whispered, his voice trembling with emotion as he pulled her close.

Miranda buried her face in Ben's chest, her body shaking with sobs. "I don't understand," she whispered, her voice choked with tears. "Why.. How could this happen?"

Ben held Miranda tightly, his own tears falling as he tried to find the right words to comfort her. "I don't know, baby," he whispered, his voice filled with pain. "I don't know why these things happen. But please know that I'm here for you, and we'll get through this together."

As they sat together, wrapped in each other's arms, Miranda and Ben shared a moment of profound grief and loss. They knew that their lives had been forever changed, and they would need to find a way to navigate this heartbreaking journey together, leaning on each other for love and support.

In the days and weeks that followed, Miranda and Ben grieved their loss in their own ways, finding comfort in each other's presence and the love and support of their family and friends. They knew that healing would take time, but they were determined to face their grief together, honoring the life that might have been while cherishing the love and connection they shared.

Delilah and William exchanged concerned glances as they stood outside Miranda's bedroom door. They could hear soft sniffles and quiet sobs coming from inside

"Should we go in?" Delilah whispered"I don't know," Tuck shrugged

Their faces were etched with concern, their eyes searching Ben's as he opened the door.

"Hey Dad, what's going on with Mom?" Delilah asked, her voice quivering slightly. "She hasn't gotten out of bed, and we're worried."

Tuck nodded in agreement "Yeah, is Mom okay?" he asked, his voice filled with a mixture of fear and uncertainty.

Ben looked at his children, his heart aching as he tried to find the right words to explain the situation. "Your mom is going through a really tough time right now," he began "We experienced a loss, and she's having a hard time coping with it."

Delilah and Tuck exchanged a glance, their young minds trying to process what Ben was telling them. "You mean about the baby?" Delilah asked softly, her eyes filling with tears.

Ben nodded, his own eyes moistening as he spoke. "Yes," he confirmed, his voice choked with emotion. "Your mom had a miscarriage, and it's been really hard on both of us."

Tuck's eyes filled with tears as he looked at Ben. "But Dad, why didn't you tell us?" he asked, his voice trembling with sadness. "We could've helped Mom feel better."

"We didn't want to worry you or make you sad," he said softly. "Sometimes adults go through things that are really hard to understand, even for us. But please know that your mom and I love you very much, and we're doing everything we can to support each other and get through this "

Delilah took a deep breath, her eyes brimming with tears as she tried to find the words to express herself. "I'm feeling the big feelings we talk about," she said softly, her voice trembling with emotion.

Ben looked at his daughter, his heart aching for her as she struggled to navigate her own emotions amid their family's grief. "It's okay to feel those big feelings, Delilah," he said gently, his voice filled with compassion. "It's a part of life, and it's okay to be sad, angry, or confused."