28

The next morning, Ben made his way to Tuck's room, his footsteps heavy with resolve. He knocked gently on the door before entering. Tuck was still asleep when Ben entered, his small form curled up under the blankets. Ben approached quietly. Gently, he sat down on the edge of the bed and placed a hand on Tuck's shoulder, stirring him from his slumber.

"Tuck, buddy, wake up," Ben said softly, his voice tender.

Tuck rubbed his eyes sleepily, blinking up at Ben. "Morning, Dada Ben" he mumbled, his voice still heavy with sleep.

"Hey, can we talk?" Ben asked softly, his voice filled with sincerity.

"Yes" He nodded

Ben took a deep breath, his heart heavy with regret for the punishment he had imposed on Tuck. "Tuck, I want to apologize for punishing you yesterday. I realize now that you were only trying to protect your sister, and I shouldn't have reacted the way I did."

Tuck's eyes widened in surprise, a flicker of relief crossing his face. "Thanks, Dada Ben. I really was just trying to help Delilah."

Ben nodded, a sense of pride swelling in his chest at Tuck's selflessness. "I know, Tuck, and I'm proud of you for looking out for your family. You're a good 'big' brother." Ben put air quotes around the word big making Tuck smile.

With a warm smile, Ben reached out, pulling Tuck into a comforting embrace.

"And Tuck," Ben continued, pulling back slightly to look him in the eyes, "Consider yourself off punishment. Let's start fresh today, okay?"

Tuck's face broke into a wide grin, his eyes sparkling with gratitude. "Thanks, Dada Ben. I promise I'll be good."

Ben ruffled Tuck's hair affectionately, feeling a sense of relief wash over him. "I know you will, buddy. Now let's go wake Danny."

Ben and Tuck made their way to Delilah's room. They found Delilah curled up under her blankets, her face peaceful in sleep.

"Hey, Danny, time to wake up," Ben said gently, gently shaking her shoulder.

Delilah stirred, blinking sleepily as she slowly woke up. "Morning, Daddy," she mumbled, rubbing her eyes.

"Morning, sweetheart," Ben replied "Are you ready to start the day?"

Delilah nodded, a sleepy smile gracing her lips. "Yeah, I'm excited for breakfast."

As they walked into the kitchen, Ben grabbed the cereal boxes from the cupboard and set them on the counter. Tuck and Delilah eagerly grabbed their favorite bowls.

Ben poured generous portions of cereal into each bowl. Delilah reached for the milk, pouring it over her cereal with a steady hand something she had just recently mastered, while Tuck dug in eagerly, his spoon clinking against the bowl.

Miranda rushed into the kitchen, her hair slightly tousled and her purse in hand. She quickly poured herself a cup of coffee and grabbed a muffin from the countertop, her movements swift and efficient.

"Morning, everyone," Miranda said with a small smile. "I'm sorry I can't join you for breakfast today. I have to head to work early."

Tuck and Delilah exchanged disappointed glances, but they understood their mom's busy schedule.

"That's okay, Mom," Tuck said, trying to hide his disappointment. "We'll see you later."

Miranda nodded, her heart heavy with the knowledge that she was missing out on a precious moment with her family. "I'll be home as soon as I can. Have a great day at school, you two."With a quick kiss to their foreheads, Miranda hurried to the door.