Chapter 6

LJ User: Xx_RubyJane [Private Entry]Date: June 9, 2012

Date: June 9, 2012

[Mood: curious]

[Music: "What's Up"—4 non Blondes]

Nothing ever changes in small towns. Until it does. Even a little ripple feels like a wave when it happens.

Today I met a girl.

Today, I almost ran over a girl. Well, Kai almost did. I would've just been an accessory if he'd actually done it and pulled a hit-and-run.

God, Kai is totally the kind of guy to pull a hit-and-run, isn't he?

He isn't getting the message about the whole breakup thing. He spent the entire afternoon trying to untie my bikini.

He always has to get his way. It'd probably just be easier to give in for the summer or something. But then we always fight. I'm so over fighting.

Irene says I'm lucky, and Jisoo says I'm better off than most of the girls in school.

But God, is it supposed to be this hard?

Lisa. Is it short for Elisabeth? She doesn't look like a Elisabeth. She looks like a Lisa should look. Like, no nonsense, to-the-point, kind of sharp at the edges. She looks like if you touch her, you might pull away bleeding. Ripped jeans and a choker that's like a slash of lace against her throat. Ugh. Jealous. The last time I wore a choker, my mom told me it made my neck look fat. I should've told her I didn't care, but I just took it off.

This girl wears a choker and it's like a dare. Grab me. Try it.

She's kind of lucky Kai almost ran her over. Otherwise I wouldn't know about her and she'd probably end up with no one cool to hang out with once school starts. I'm saving her from having to eat lunch with the rejects. Or worse—eat lunch all alone.

And she's just ...

She's not boring.

—Jennie