Chapter 39

LJ User: Xx_RubyJane [Public Entry]

Date: July 25, 2012

[Mood: blissful]
[Music: "Dirty Little Secret"-The All-American Rejects]

Sorry to not update from my sacred spot in the woods! I've just been having the time of my life!

I'm gonna be unstoppable this competition season! Watch out, girls!

-Jennie

LJ User: Xx_RubyJane [Private Entry]

Date: July 25, 2012

[Mood: pissed]
[Music: "Bring Me to Life"-Evanescence]

Everyone is on my ass lately. My mom is, every time I have a family call, even though all I really want to do is talk to Suzy. I know Mom and Madame Rosard talk. They're friends. Gossiping friends, I bet. Which means Mom knows how I'm screwing up in class.

At least I can avoid Mom, except for the phone calls. Hanni, I can't avoid, and oh my God, she will not stop. I can't nail this routine in class. And I get it: Madame Rosard was getting frustrated with me. You're off your game, Jennie. She actually said that to me!

Oh God, is she saying that to my mom? I'm going to come home to a whole new white-board schedule where she's allotted me five minutes of break time every three weeks at this rate.

Madame Rosard was tapping the floor with her cane like she does, but it was off-beat. When she goes off-beat, you're fucking up.

She brought me up to the front of the class and it was like, Jennie, you're better than this over and over and over again until, I swear, I was dizzy no matter how much spotting I was doing. And the entire time, Hanni was standing there by the mirrors with the rest of my class watching.

And then! Oh my God, it was so excruciatingly humiliating. Then Madame Rosard brings Hanni up to show me how to do it! And I still can't nail it!

And that's why I'm not waiting for Hanni after class so she can walk me through it again. Like I'm a five-year-old who's just learning.

Camp was supposed to be fun. It was supposed to be a break. My sacred place! This is my camp! My place! And Hanni just keeps ruining it with her smug I-know-all-your-secrets smile. Ugh. I hate her. She's just another terrible reminder of this summer.

I should TP her cabin. Teach her a lesson.

-Jennie