Amusement

"When we've averted the prophecy and saved Fontaine," He said slowly, "I'll start looking into finding someone to help me run the Fortress, so I wouldn't have to be on call. I could be on the surface more."

Almost as if he had regained the childish energy he had from when he was first let into the bedroom, Neuvillette giggled softly as he pointed at Wriothesley before spraying a small amount of water from his fingertip at his face.

Smiling, he leaned forward and kissed Wriothesley's nose afterwards.

Wriothesley was almost lost in thought about how to arrange that when suddenly a spurt of water hit him right in the face. Sputtering, he blinked at Neuvillette, completely taken aback for a moment before he snorted. "Oh, I see how it is. Using our powers for evil now, are we?"

After spraying Wriothesley in the face, the dragon continued chuckling. "It's not evil, it's entertainment. Don't act like you didn't enjoy it."

"I enjoy you being a menace, but that doesn't mean I need to roll over and take it. I'll be doing plenty of that again later."

Neuvillette smirked before doing it again, then quickly starting to wash his hair and body, acting as if it hadn't happened.

Wriothesley opened his eyes just in time to be hit again, and laughed, shaking his head.

Of course, Neuvilette knew it, and was struggling not to laugh.

Washing his long, elegant hair, Neuvillette used his power to rinse the soap out of it carefully.

Wriothesley wiped the water off his face and watched Neuvillette, allowing himself a moment to be enraptured by his beauty.

Looking up at Wriothesley after regaining his composure, he asked, "Would you allow me to wash your hair as well? I'll be gentle and careful of your neck."

"Mmh.. yeah." He turned to lean his back against Neuvillette's chest, giving the go ahead.

He spoke softly, reaching out and rubbing Wriothesley's back. "I'd love for you to be on the surface more, as well. It'd be pleasant to have my beloved mate with me as much as possible." He leaned forward slowly and gently pressed his nose against Wriothesley's cheek, smiling.

Feeling Wriothesley lean against him, Neuvillette smiled and used his power to get Wriothesley's usually fluffy hair wet, causing it to flatten.

At the sight, Neuvillette chuckled. "I will admit, knowing I wasn't your first makes me a little upset, but I'll get over it. You aren't a dragon, You're only human. And I don't mean that in a bad way." He spoke gently, cracking open a bottle of shampoo to lather in Wriothesley's soft, dark hair.

"Oh... I'll try to avoid bringing up past experiences then, if you don't want me to. But you can at least be assured that you're my first love. I think that's worth a lot more."

Sex had always been nice enough, but nothing special. He'd lost his virginity in the fortress, when he'd been just another inmate sneaking off to dark corners. Wriothesley hadn't bound himself to anyone.

Later, he'd only had a few trysts with acquaintances in the overworld since he couldn't very well hook up with anyone he held power over. Romance had only come into it when he'd begun to grow closer to Neuvillette.

Deep in thought, Neuvillette glanced at the wound on Wriothesley's neck that he had given him. It already showed the proper signs of what a successful mark was supposed to look like, and that made him smile.

The dragon had been worried he wouldn't have been able to mark Wriothesley due to the difference in race. The success of it made Neuvillette happy, and even if Wriothesley hadn't wanted him to do it again, he gave the bite mark a very gentle, loving lick.

Gently trickling water over Wriothesley's head, Neuvillette's complete attention was on his mate. "You don't have to avoid it just for me. It's just a dragon thing." He kissed the mark he placed on the back of the other's neck.

Then, he perked up a little after realizing what Wriothesley had said. "Your.. first love? That's sweet.. You're mine too, though I'm sure you already knew that. Because of this." Neuvillette kissed the bite again, lovingly licking it afterward.

"It's quite flattering to think you've never met anyone else you've liked as much as me," Wriothesley admitted, "You've been alive a long time, after all. Though I guess I must've been one of the first to treat you like more than just your rank."

It had always been easy for Wriothesley to talk to Neuvillette like they were equals. He'd always held a deep respect for him to start with, but as the Duke of The Fortress of Meropide he was actually of similar social standing, complicated as the whole structure was.

And he'd never been particularly intimidated by Neuvillette, even when he'd been young. He remembered thinking that the Chief Justice seemed gentle and very sad. Now, he knew that was the truth, but he was doing his best to combat the sadness.

"...It's just difficult, with the Fortress," He murmured, "to find someone I could trust to really watch over them as well as I can. That would be like you handing off half your trials to someone else. I'd need to find exactly the right person. And I don't trust easily to begin with."

"That's very true. I'm glad you trust me. It means a lot. More than you probably understand." Draconian relationships often relied on trust, if the two hadn't marked each other, and if they had, it was even more about the trust to allow that to occur.

Holding himself as close to Wriothesley as possible, Neuvillette rested his head on his mate's shoulder, inspecting Wriothesley's piercings curiously.

"... Trust means a lot to me, too. Maybe not in some... archaic dragon way, but it does." Of course Neuvillette knew. He remembered every trial he'd ever held, and Wriothesley's was likely often on his mind.