Sunday Dinner

Solana's Mom house8:30 pm

Solana's Mom house
8:30 pm

"Also make sure you say hey to everyone, wait I'm pretty sure you know that already." I laugh covering my face I'm just real nervous now I'm saying unnecessary ass shit. "Yea my mom's Caribbean too." He laughed.

We both stood outside the front door, music, and laughter could be heard from within. Right as I opened the front door with my key the smell of oxtails damn near slapped me in the face. Heaven is all I thought.

"Yea I'm breaking my diet tonight." Fanum mumbled closing the door behind us, "Wagwan babes." My mom smiled walking up hugging both of us. "Ah yuh ah strong mon." She said as she pulled away from Fanum not before she squeezed his arm tho.

"Ma stop grabbing onto him like that." I laughed the interaction off. She just waved me off in response tho, "Hurry on ya was di las tuh come." She said turning around making her way down the hall before disappearing around the corner.

"I said this before ima say it again ya moms blessed you with her body word." He laughed making me hit his arm playfully. "Come on we gotta speak to everybody." I smiled before grasping his hand in mine as we both made our way toward everybody.

As soon as we walk in all eyes avert to our direction. "Lana I missed you so much." Briana my brother's fiancé said as she got up from the couch and pulled me into a hug. "I missed you too girl and this is my boyfriend Roberto." I gestured to Fanum.

"Hey and you can just call me Berto." He shook her hand, "Nice to meet you Berto I'm Briana Solana's soon to be sis in law." She smiled before going to sit back down next to Akiel.

My dad walked over after coming from upstairs his facial expression unreadable which made me nervous. "Hey sir my name's Roberto nice to meet you." Fanum said sticking his hand out for my dad to shake.

"Brian and nice to meet you." He said gripping onto Fanums hand tightly his eyes not leaving Fanums for a second until I spoke up. "Ook hey dad." I smiled trying to alleviate the uncomfortable aura.

"Hey pumpkin." He turned to me and smiled pulling me into a bear hug. While in my father's embrace I look over to see Fanum massaging his hand with a grimace on his face. This should be fun...

"Ok unc move around so I can hug my favorite cousin." Jayda spoke up making all of us laugh, "hey girl there's a lot I gotta tell you." I said after we pulled away from our hug. "Yea starting with how you got a whole boyfriend I swear I turn away for one second." She laughed and I did too.

"Hey Fanum we had already met before so nice to see you made it to Sunday dinner bro." She pat his shoulder and he nodded in response after she walked off following my mom asking when was it time to pray.

"Pops might be a lil hard to warm up but I'm up for the challenge word." Fanum said wrapping his arm around my shoulders making me laugh. "Yeah I'm sure you are." I laughed mainly because I'm so nervous I'm trying not to be though.