Happy Birthday

Bucky x Reader

Special for Bucky's birthday :b

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

You and Bucky were a couple for a long time, you always spent time together.

Bucky's birthday was soon approaching, and despite knowing everything about him, you didn't know what to give him.

Or if he wanted to have a birthday celebration.

But you didn't want to ask him because you wanted it to be a surprise, so you turned to Steve to help you plan.

—Normally during his birthdays we would go out for a drink, but I don't think you want to do that with your partner.— Steve said

I stayed silent as an idea came to me, after all I didn't need Steve to come up with something.

—Thanks Steve— I said and said goodbye to him and then went to my room and started preparing everything.

A romantic date at an expensive restaurant was very cliché, but just because it was cliché didn't mean it wasn't a good date idea.

I asked Tony to help me book a fancy restaurant as quickly as possible, thanks to his contacts we got on the list quickly.

Now what followed would be how to tell Bucky, should I tell him? A letter? A message? I was still hesitating but I decided on a letter, something a little traditional.

There were still 4 days left until his birthday but I wanted to have everything prepared in advance, so after having planned the celebration I had to find a gift.

I know Bucky perfectly, from head to toe, but I still couldn't think of any gift.

I could make him something by hand but I was afraid he wouldn't like it.

I could buy him something expensive, but he would say he doesn't deserve it and we would both feel uncomfortable.

I could leave the gift for later, for now everything was fine.

The day had finally arrived, but I still had to wait for the date, it was going to be until the evening and in the meantime I wouldn't be able to see Bucky, otherwise it would ruin the surprise.

Bucky’s Perspective

Today was my birthday, for a moment and I forgot.

But Steve, as always, first thing in the morning, went to congratulate me in my room. He asked me if I had plans, which I denied.

He said that one of these days we would go out drinking like in the old days but that he was very busy today, I honestly didn't care much if i did anything today, for me this was like any other day.

Suddenly a letter entered under my door, I bent down to pick it up and opened it, I instantly recognized that calligraphy.

It was from Y/n, I was happy that she remembered my birthday but I felt bittersweet because she hadn't congratulated me personally…

But I stopped thinking about that for a moment and read its contents.

“Happy birthday Buckaroo! I'm sorry I can't tell you this up front but I'm very busy.

At 7 pm I'll see you at our favorite restaurant, I have a surprise for you, don't miss it!

Sincerely and with love: Y/n “

I smiled as I folded the paper again, I guess I would have to wait for my gift.

I took advantage of the fact that I didn't know what to wear to kill time, so I began my mission to look presentable for my date with my girlfriend.

Y/n perspective

Finally 7 in the afternoon had arrived, I was already at the restaurant waiting for Bucky.

I knew he was very punctual so I didn't feel worried.

As soon as I saw him enter the door I remembered why I had fallen madly in love with him, he came dressed in an elegant black suit and his hair was tied up with what I assumed was my hair tie.

I smiled at him as he approached the table.

—Welcome darling, happy birthday.— I said as I got up to hug him and kiss him on the cheek as a slight sign of afect.

I could see how he blushed very slightly, almost imperceptible to the human eye, but I, who had known him for so long, could notice it.

I sat down so that later he could do the same, we both began to talk calmly with Bucky from time to time flirting with me as usual.

The night passed quickly and pleasantly, we were already in the restaurant parking lot, ready to return to the tower to rest.

I got on the passenger side and, trying not to let Bucky see me, I took a small package out of the glove compartment of the car.

_I haven't given you your gift yet._ I told him as soon as Bucky had gotten into the car, I was anxious to see his reaction, if he liked it or not.

_Doll...it wasn't necessary._He said while seeing the box in my hands to which I shook my head and answered.

_But I want to give it to you, please receive it._

Bucky sighed and received the gift with a smile, he opened it carefully, still not knowing what it was.

Having finally revealed everything, he could only laugh softly.

_you like it?_I asked a little nervous when I saw that he didn't say anything and just laughed.

_I like it? I love it, thank you sweetness_Bucky said and then took my cheek and gave me a loving kiss.

_Happy Birthday my love_ I whispered to Bucky, his celebration wasn't over yet..

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

#930

I'm not good at writing fluff 😕

But I tried it only because it's my dearest Bucky's birthday.

I thank you very much for the 1k readings! I promise you that I will return with more content, because I have ideas, but no inspiration to continue them 😷

Thanks for voting!