Chapter 3

We change to a new scene where Zeke was walking through the village with his cloak on so that no one would recognize him. He saw the people living their normal lives and the children playing out in the streets.

Zeke: Freedom from years of being incarcerated does strange things to you. You get so used to the dark that you having to squint your eyes to get used to the light. You see the happiness of the people and the children that it you realize that it is an unfamiliar feeling to you. You want to join in the happiness and the laughter and the playfulness of the children but you realize that it's probably for the best that they pretend that you don't even exist, because you know that it's not even worth it. For me, not even this world is a happy place for me anymore. I have nothing left here. Not since Saul took my family from me. That's why I plan to leave. To escape to the outside world. Not many people have attempted because of fear of what Saul did to those who have. I just want to get away from it all. The rule, the pain, the heartache, the sorrow, the painful memories and the reminders. But first, I came here to say goodbye to an old friend. Then again, it's places like these where the strangest turn of events tend to happen.

The attention was focused on an apple stand, where a little wolf, who turned out to be Asher, poked his head out of the pile of apples and looked around. 

Zeke: Yep, that's right. That kind of strange.

Asher climbed his way out of the apples and slid down the leg of the table.

Zeke: Before Asher was a part of our group, he was part of a foster society called "Barnabas's Bandits". A crack house full of the sneakiest thieves who steal whatever they can get their grubby little hands on to earn some fast loot. Even if that loot includes what comes outta your wallet. No has caught them yet. Even how Saul has not caught on to the thieveries is still a mystery to everyone. In another sense, Asher is kinda like "Oliver". If Oliver didn't get arrested on his first time. 

While Zeke narrated, Asher quickly scurried behind the boxes and stands. Quickly flipping and sneaking and hiding, unbeknownst to the other pedestrians walking through the markets. He then came up to a stack of boxes and when no one was watching, he knocked on it.

Asher: Psst, Aaron.

Another little wolf appeared out of the stack of boxes.

Aaron: Ugh, Asher. This fish market smells like the South side of 'Nam.

Asher: Ssh. Quiet. We got a mark.

He gestured to a villager who had a bag full of money out in the open. Asher and Aaron looked at each other with a smirk and nodded to each other. The villager walked down the road, unaware of what was about to befall upon him. All of a sudden, a marble rolled down to where he stepped and he fell backwards. Fortunately, Asher held him up while he was standing on Aaron's shoulders. 

Asher: You okay, sir?

Villager: Yes, I'm fine. Thank you-- Huh?

Before he turned around, they were already gone. Asher and Aaron had rolled out of sight and hid behind a barrel.

Asher: You got it?

Aaron shows him the wallet.

Asher:(Pleased with his work) Nice. Let's get some more stuff.

They both worked together to steal some more stuff from their unsuspecting victims. Whether it was wallets, jewelry, and gold. They even stole food from the markets. They were so fast that no one could spot them. And no one has caught them yet. From devious tricks to sneaky and fast movements. At the end of the day, they sold all of the stolen items to a grumpy collector and got enough loot to grab some sandwiches. While they ate their lunch, Asher decided to talk to his partner in crime about his latest idea.