Chapter 10

The next morning, Zeke woke up to a pleasant morning. The birds chirped, the sun glowed, the wind rustled the trees and Asher was...

nowhere to be found. 

Zeke noticed this and he panicked, thinking that his friend either ran off or was probably taken.

Zeke: Asher? Asher!

He went through the forest calling his name.

Zeke: Asher! Yell if you can hear me!

Asher: Ahh!

Zeke's eyes widen.

Zeke: Oh no. 

Asher: Ah! Ow!

Zeke: He's in trouble. Hang on, Asher! I'm coming, buddy!

He towards the direction of the lake to find...

Zeke's eyes widen again and turned into a withering frown.

Asher was busy fighting another fish he got out of the lake. I didn't take him very long until he lost. Asher got up off the ground, all dirty with fish scales on him.

Asher: Morning, boss.

Zeke: You almost gave me a heart attack. Where have you been? And what are you doing?

Asher: I thought I'd try and get us breakfast.

Zeke: (deadpanned stare) Have you caught anything, yet?

Asher: Well, no. They're slippery. And fast. And violent. And they have knife hands.

Zeke: Those are fins. They're sharp. Don't put your hands on them.

Asher: Yeah, I think I would've figured that out, by now.

Zeke rolled his eyes.

Zeke: How far is it to the mountain?

Asher: It's just a day's journey. We could be there by this afternoon.

Zeke: Then we'll just have to hustle for it. Finish cleaning yourself up, then we'll head out. And remember, watch out for any traps.

Asher: (scoffs) We're wolves. We know what traps are.

All of a sudden, a fish came out of the water, up from behind him, and bit his tail.

Asher: YYYEEEEEOOOOOOOWWWW! GET IT OFF! GET IT OFF! 

Asher spun around, trying to get the fish off his tail, until he threw it in the water. Then realized he threw back the only fish he caught. 

Asher: Aww, man.

Zeke: Asher, let's go.

Asher: Okay, I'm coming. Joy-kill.

Scene transitions to Zeke and Asher climbing up the snowy mountain. Zeke was climbing with ease while Asher was climbing above him, panting and out of breath.

Asher: I wonder how many heroes got hernias doing this crap.

Then his foot slipped and hit Zeke in the face.

Zeke: Ow!

Asher: Sorry.

Asher scurried up while his tail hit Zeke in the face, multiple times.

Zeke: That's the fifth time you've kicked me in the face. Can't you move up a little more?

Asher: It's a bit slippery.

Then he slipped and his butt hit Zeke's face again.

Zeke: Dude!

Asher: I'm sorry! What do you expect?!