Chapter 18

Asher/Tim rode his bicycle up to the docks where they had the enormous ships.

Over the past few years, we've established a secret base well hidden in plain sight right by the docks.

The scene pans out to show an enormous Navy Ship under a giant, blue tarp.

A.R.C. COMMAND SHIP

It's basically the perfect disguise. No one would ever be suspicious of an unfinished project under a tarp. I know it's a bit much, but it's big enough for storage and guest housing.

Asher/Tim rode up to the tarp and went under it and walked up the bridge to the inside. The scene then moved to his shadow showing him throwing a disk in the air, enlarging, and forming around him a making him shrink and turn back into himself. The scene shifted back to Asher taking off his headphones, hood, gloves, virtual reality goggles, and mechanical mask, indicating that all items are the source of his disguising abilities. After shedding his disguise, he squeezed himself down into a small hole and landed on his feet into a hallway, with cameras watching his moves.

Meanwhile,

Rubble: Are you still ticked off with me?

Zeke: What kind of stupid question is that? Of course I'm still ticked off with you. Give me one good reason why I shouldn't be.

Enoch: He does have a point.

Zeke: My point is, we cannot take our fellow members' abilities for granted. And we definitely don't let them go out without everyone's consent.

Rubble: Will you calm down? Why you acting like he's in danger?

Zeke: I'm not saying he's in danger, he could be-- what is that noise?

He hears the alarms beeping, knowing it was the proximity alarm.

Enoch: I think someone's in the hallway.

They went to the computer to see the cameras to the hallway, only to find Asher making a silly face at the camera.

Enoch: What the Fortnox, Kentucky?

Asher: (on video) Hey, guys! Can you unlock the doors?

Zeke: (groans) That's the third false alarm he tripped, this month.

He says walking off to press a button to open the door to let Asher in.

Asher: Thanks, boss.

Zeke: Don't thank me, yet. Where have you been?

Asher: I just had to run a quick errand.

Zeke: You just ran an errand this weekend.

Asher: Well, I had to run another errand.

He said as he used his disks to levitate himself up to the microwave to heat up his breakfast burrito.

Zeke: And another thing, Rubble said you went to Starbucks, which is unusual you don't drink coffee.

Asher: And for good reason. It makes me feel jittery.

He said, casually.

Zeke: (impatient) What were you up to?

Asher: I told you. Ran an errand for the boys.

He said as Enoch and Rubble came over to get their stuff.

Asher: See? They're happy. I'm happy. You're hap--

He then paused at Zeke's unamused face.

Asher: Happy. Deep down. Even though you're not showing it.