Chapter 14

The people walked down below, unaware of the two wolves that were watching them from above. The word got out that a group of four wolves appeared from a portal along with a lot of snow. Zeke and Asher were worried and they had to come up with a plan and quick.

Zeke: This is not good. 

Asher: Yeah, we're still being hunted and we can't show our faces or they'll freak. 

Zeke: Why?

Asher: They're humans. They always freak at what they don't understand. And also we "terrorized" them when we showed up in front of their bus, earlier.

Zeke: Where are we, any?

Asher: Well, according to latitude and longitude, smell of air pollution, and that green statue, over there...

He says gesturing to the Statue of Liberty.

Asher: Manhattan.

Zeke: Good to know.

Asher: Not a bad place, really, but Los Angeles would've been more ideal.

Zeke: Forget about the tourist attractions. We need to find a way to move through this place without drawing attention to ourselves. 

Asher: Well, what do you suggest?

Zeke: (sigh) If only Enoch didn't cut my cloak in half.

He says, talking to himself.

Asher then saw a kid in a hoodie with his friends in a skatepark and got an idea. Zeke saw this and pondered.

Zeke: You've got another crazy idea, haven't you?

Asher: You know I do.

Zeke: It's not throwing us off this roof, is it?

Asher: No. How about my advice from the master of disguise?

Meanwhile, the kid fell off of his skateboard and it rolled off into a dark alley. When he went into the alley to retrieve it, a blur attacked him and hid him behind a wall. The guy freaked when he saw Asher and he put his hands on his mouth.

Asher: Calm down, kid. We aren't gonna hurt you.

He then sniffed and realized where he was standing.

Asher: Did you pee yourself?

Zeke then appeared from behind a dumpster.

Zeke: Asher, this isn't what we agreed on.

Asher: What? Oh, come on. This is my first time. I'm feeling adrenaline.

Zeke then pulled him off the kid and kneeled down to talk to him.

Zeke: Don't panic. We just need your hoodie and backpack.

Asher: And that very nice skateboard.

Zeke then looked at his friend, unimpressed.

Zeke: No, not the skateboard. We talked about this. What would you even want it for?

Asher: Oh, come on. I wanna modify it, or something. 

Zeke: You already have your disks. You don't need his skateboard. (to the kid) I'm really sorry about him. He's a bit overexcited about...

Asher: (interrupting) Robbing you.

Zeke: Borrowing from you.

Asher: No, this definitely a robbery.

Zeke: Borrowing! We're borrowing! 

The kid tried to talk but he was muffled due to Asher's hands still on his mouth. Zeke shook his head in displeasure.