part 15: beelzebub

Angel and husker was visiting one of the huskers' new buildings, and huskers imps were turning it into a new casino. The fire at the front of the building used to burn every picture of Val, which was still smoldering outside, even after 2 weeks.

Husker growled as an imp asked him another meaningless question.

"So where do you want that table?" The small Imp chirped.

"Just don't put it against the damn wall," Husker growled as his eyes followed the Imp back towards the table as he started pushing the table to a new location. "Or the fucking bar! God damn it." Husker moved to do it himself when angels hand caught his shoulder.

"Relax whiskers, just relax." Angel smiled at him

Husker sighed as he calmed back down, "I don't know how you talked me into this."

Angel laughed "because new building making you cash will put your name further on leader board."

Husker grunted, "ya that's what I'm afraid of."

Angel smiled at his playful tone as they continued to watch the imps run around, trying to please huskers view for the new building.

Huskers eyes flicked towards the door before it was opened, and the couple turned to see a hellhound, carrying a note, out of breath and waving it above his head.

"For....huff.... husker! The...huff.. king of the cards!" The hellhound took a bow handing the card to husker.

"The king of the cards? Pff, who calls you that?" Angel joked

"Sinners. Or.." husker looked at the card.
"Sins."

Angels eyes widened as his eyes read the card with husker,

"Dear husk,  I hope this note finds you in a good standing. You are invited to my party! You can't miss it! I'll see you there! As soon as you get this note."

Husker growled, annoyed, "shit."

Angel took the card to read it again, "Oh.  Is it just an invitation? Who gives a shit?"

Husker rolled his eyes as he snatched the card back from angel, "it isn't an invitation. It's a summons. I have to go."

****************************

Husker stepped out of the car he took to get to the party, tipped his driver nice wad of cash, and helped angel out of the car. Husker was wearing his usual suit, with his nice wings folded even closer behind his back. While Angel wore a party attire even after husker told him not to.

"Can't believe you wore jeans to a beelzebub party." Husker laughed as angel tried to rip them at the knees to add a bit of fashion to them.

"Shut it suit boy." Angel smirked

A voice behind husker spooked him and made him turn around.

"I'm assuming your husker? And.. friend?" The dark hellhound said as he peered over at angel as he finally ripped the rest of his jeans.

"Ya! Im...huff.. angel dust! His number 2."  He said, trying to adjust his outfit.

"Ya.. ok." The hellhound said as he led them into the building.

The building was packed full of demons from all backgrounds, hellhounds, imps, some higher up overlords were here too.  The smell was... too sweet for being at a party, like cotton candy laced with booze.  The smell made huskers nose crinkle up.

Angel, however, was wide-eyed and loving the atmosphere. He looked around the massive building, full of souls dancing and drinking like no tomorrow. Until they eventually got to a small room with the word Bee branded in a cute handwriting on the door.