part 18: Husker

The sinner gulped as he entered the massive casino, it had been 3 years since the forceful take over between mammon and the new sin Husker.

Mammon was awful, everyone agreed. But at least he was upfront about it. Husker was... a different breed.

The sinner pushed his way into the casino. It was by far the largest casino he had ever seen, 10 floors, each with their own theme and game.

Slots.

Blackjack.

Poker.

Roulette.

You name it, he had it.

The 10th floor is where the sinner was heading today, the 10th floor was the big boy floor, were people didn't gamble their money, but souls, livelihoods, all for a chance to win against the king of the cards.

The elevator to the 10th floor was a long one. But eventually the sounds of a busy casino died away and a soft jazz took its place as the doors of the elevator opened.

The sinners eyes immediately fell on the main table in the middle. The sinners eyes widened as he saw the sin himself, throwing around hundreds of chips like they were nothing, of course, his "lucky charm" was sitting in his lap, toying with his chest fuzz.

"Read em and weep!" Husker boasted as he slammed his hand on the table,

One of the sinners playing against him immediately stood up, knocking the chair our from Under him.

"Bullshit! How do you have perfect hands each time? You rigged it!"

The white spider in husker lap laughed, "don't be a sour looser darling.. it's just your soul."

Husker growled at angel for calling this low life darling, but he was smiling, so the sinner doubted he was serious.

The sinner at the table who had just lost, tried to run, but a chain around his neck and a gunshot to his leg stopped him.

Husker had not moved an inch but angel was holding out a smoking revolver with huskers wings painted along the handle.

Husker laughed as the chain tighted and the sinner turned into a poker chip, as he flicked it back onto the table.

"Who's next?"

****************************

Husker stretched upon waking up from his sleep, his wings moving, disturbing angel who was sleeping next to him

"Angel is there any meetings for me today" Husker said standing up out of bed.

Angel rubbed his eyes, and grabbed his phone to check his notes.

"Other than a meeting with a sin at 3, no. " Angels voice was still groggy from sleep.

"Which sin?" Husker asked putting on his suit,

"Asmodeus, he just won't stay away from you, geez" angel said, sitting up from the bed.

Husker growled under his breath, "Whatever I'll see what he wants and be back before 6, you can run my floor if you'd like."

"Really?"

Husker smiled looking back at angel, "just don't be dumb and gamble, let other idiots do that, just make sure people are playing fair."

Angel smiled and nodded,

"You leaving already?" Angel asked

Husker nodded, "I have some business to do in beelzebub district, so I need to leave a bit early."