Chapter O7 - Dream

"Fuck..." Y/n breathlessly whisper to herself. Sitting awake from her sleep as she gets woken up from her nightmare. When her dad left them. No. When the man once she loves the most now become the one she hates the most.

On her number one list.

After some times, she finally calmed down. She slowly gained her breath once again. Her hands become normal again.

She turned to the side to look at the digital clock on her nightstand.

03.00 AM.

Fuck. Just nice.

She thought to herself as she gets up from her bed. She started to folded her blanket, placing it back on her bed before walking to the bathroom attached in her bedroom.

I really should thank Price for this.

She once again remind herself to always thanks the captain to give her a privilege for a private bedroom with bathroom inside.

It made her easier to looking through her book about all the things she remembered from the game. Without the thrill of getting caught by someone when she's tok focused on her own mind.

After taking a bath and get dresses in her usual attire which is just a black long sleeves with cargo pants and her boots, she gets out of her bedroom.

04.00 AM.

Locking her door then making her way to the kitchen.

Just as she expected, Ghost already there before her. Making a tea for himself. When he felt a presence steps inside the kitchen, he just glanced from his shoulder before going back to his tea.

Y/n, too, silently open the fridge to take out an iced coffee. Slowly making her way to a chair in the middle of the kitchen with a glass of iced coffee in her hand.

Sitting herself, she sips on the glass. Inhaling the fresh scent the coffee present her.

She closes her eyes as the liquid going down her throat. Washing the dryness in her throat.

After y/n feels satisfied from sipping an ice coffee, she placed the glass on the table then get up to start preparing breakfast for team.

Today she feels like to make something special. She wants to make pancakes for them.

Y/n starts to gather the ingredient. When her focused is occupied on something, she doesn't aware to her surrounding. She doesn't even notice Ghost secretly watching her cooking from a shadow at the corner of the kitchen.

05.30 AM.

Soap is first to up when he sniffs a smell of food. His eyes still practically closed as he entered the kitchen and automatically seated on one of the seat on the table in the middle of the kitchen.

Which never failed to made y/n laugh. Until now, she still doesn't know how he can sleep in his walk and just following a smell of food to bring him here.

Then followed by Gaz and Roach. The two always seemed to be in the same time. They always greeted each other on the doorway before they stepped into the kitchen. Taking their seat on the table.

"Morning, chamber." Gaz greeted y/n which made y/n glanced from his shoulder and give him a nod.

"Morning, sleepyhead." She chuckles as the final pancakes finally done and she start to place it on each plate.

"Hey, you know the real sleepyhead is over there." Gaz replied with an offended tone as he nod towards Soap's direction.

Sensing him being included in the conversation, he immediately opened his eyes and glaring at Gaz. "I am not. It's called rest when you can before you can't."

Y/n just rolled her eyes at his stupid statement as she place his plate in front of him. "You better thank me that I'm kind enough to always give you first." She sarcastically said as she mess with his mohawk. Which she knows will really annoyed him.

And just like what she predicted, he instantly smack her hand away from his hair and carefully styling it back with his hands. "You better get your hands off my baby before I make you." He hissed as he started to eat the pancakes.

"Ew, at least drink some water or wash your mouth first."

Both Gaz and Roach laughed at her statement. When y/n and Soap is gathered in one room, there always be at least a banter happening between them. Even Price gets tired of them and just let them be as long as it's not killing each other.

Soap ignored her as he focused on his food.

And y/n place the other plate in front of her teammate.

Lastly, when it comes to Ghost, she walks to the walls where he always leans against it. "Morning, Lt." She softly greeted him before she joined the rest on the table.

"Hm." Ghost's hum as he stepped out of the kitchen.

Price comes in exchange. Greeting Ghost on the way.

"Morning, child." He happily said as he makes his way to the remaining plate on the counter. Then seated himself beside me, where the remaining chair is left.

"Morning, capt." They said in unison.

Just before Soap can talked to him, y/n cuts him off.

"Soap trying to eat your pancakes. He said you won't come to the kitchen." Then she smirks at Soap.

The man just look back at her with annoyance.

"What the fuck, lass!? I'm not. Captain, you can ask Gaz and Roach." He hissed as he shoved the last pancakes in his mouth, glaring dagger at y/n.

Price just shook his head. Already tried of their early banter. "Just eat your breakfast, Soap."

Soap's head snapped in Price. Disbelief written all over his face. "Boss, you didn't just defend her." He holds his chest to faking hurt.

"Stop it you dramatic queen. Give me back the pancakes if you don't want it." Y/n said back as she rolled her eyes once again at his silly antic.

"Shut it, shrimp."

She immediately gives him a side eye. Which make him gulp then slowly place the plate in the sink.

He knows very well that she doesn't like being called as shrimp. And with that thing being said...

Soap quickly get out of the kitchen with y/n chasing him down.

Price lets out a sigh at the two behaviour before he starts to eat his breakfast along with Gaz and Roach. They both just chuckles then continuing their conversation with a background voice of y/n beating the shit out of her teammate once she got him.

Early morning in 141.

- - -

Words count : 1103.
With love, Seven.