Chapter 23 - Side

Back to base, you thought that Laswell will immediately pulled a meeting about the intel in Hassan's phone. But turned out she just says the team will have a week off until she can makes sure the intel all good.

You kind of doubting yourself whether you should drop more clue or not after what you pulled in Hassan's interrogation. But rethinking your decision, you decided to just drop the topic.

There's not much will happened after this anyway. Besides the incident where Laswell being kidnapped. If she really cares about your words, she will be aware about what could possibly happened. You already tried your best to help them.

Or so you thought.

In your room, you don't know how much time has passed. You've been tossing around since you lay on your bed. Trying to get some sleep but fail miserably when your mind won't stop spiralling and thinking anything you can think about.

You decided to get up and sit then take the folder and open your journal you always brought everywhere. Re-reading the file once again then opening your journal to check the information that might be related.

Besides, there wasn't much time left for a good sleep because it would soon be morning.

After some moments, you finally notices something from the file. And only then you realize, there's this small two alphabet in the left corner of the page. If you're not checking it over and over again, this little alphabet would be easy to miss. Let alone when someone holding a file, they will hold the left corner of the paper. Which will covered the words.

ΛW.

A and W? Or is it triangle? But what's with the W? Are these people's initials?

You checked each three pages, and all the three have the same initial on it. You furrowed your brow at the sight. Setting aside the file, you read through your journal. Trying to looking for something about AW that maybe you write.

Three knocks on your door suddenly pulled your focused and shifted to look at the direction. You quickly gather the file and your journal then shoving it back to your bag, zipping it.

Then you position yourself to sitting tiredly on the side of the bed. Faking yawn when you said "come in."

The door opened and you see Soap stepping inside. You weakly smile at him before nodding at him to give the permission to enter.

"Not sleeping well?" He gently asked as he sits beside you on the bed. Making the bed sinking from his weight.

"It's okay. Maybe I'm just too tired and need more rest. Lucky me we have one week off." You chuckled as you let out yet another yawn. This one is real, and maybe, you really are exhausted to the point where your body and mind can't differentiate between one and the other.

"I'm sorry if I bother you."

You quickly shake your head. "No. If all, you have helped me a lot."

MacTavish smiles at your words then his hand sneakily make its way to wrap around you and pull you closer to him. Making your head resting on his shoulder.

You rolled your eyes at his action but let him do it anyway. Besides, you feel like you need this. "If you keep like this, I might get the wrong idea that you like me." You teased as you lean closer to his side.

"And if you keep let me, I might think that you also like me."

"I am." You chuckle as you close your eyes, feeling safe in his presence.

"Then we are the same."

Silence between the two before suddenly they laughed together.

"Okay, enough of that. What made you come here?"