Chapter O9 - Plan

"Since you're the one that familiar with the building, I need you to get into the vent and go to their security room. Take over and let us know when it's safe." Price explained the plan as the big screen attached to the wall in the briefing room showing the building they need to take over.

It's a four-story house, right at the very end of the country. Cover with forest and quite a long river. But because of that, it will be easy for them to track the road.

"Do you think they have basement?" Y/n asked as her eyes sharp on the screen. Scanning every possible way.

"That's for you to know, Sergeant." Her captain simply replied, making her beautiful blue slightly green eyes move to look at the older man.

She remain silent for a moment before she gets up and moves to sit in front of the computer. Easily kicking her boots down as she takes both of her legs up and gets comfortable in the big chair. Her hands started to type on the keyboard, eyes focus on the smaller screen in front of her. No longer paying attention to her surrounding.

Price smiles at her behaviour then continues to brief the others. "Ghost will stay behind, watching our back as a sniper."

Ghost, leaning against a wall beside the door, gives his captain a subtle nod. An acknowledgment of his task.

"Soap and Roach, wait for Chamber's signal to move from the front door. Or whatever door she finds possible." He turned his gaze to the two man sitting around the table.

They both answered with a "Yes, sir" in unison.

"Me and Gaz will keep Chamber saves until she gets the security room, then I would regroup with Soap and Roach, Gaz stayed behind to watch Chamber's back while she navigates us through the building."

"Yes, sir."

With that, Price briefs some more before dismissing the team.

Ghost is the last to left the room. His eyes looking at the small figure sitting in front of a computer, giving her back to him. Her small body shielding what she might possibly do.

He stayed there, silently watching she works through her staff. After don't know how long, he finally sees another action from her. She stretches her arms as she squeals happily, he assumed maybe she finally gets what she wants.

Then she moved the chair to the side, where she kicked her boots away. She bend down to slip in each of her foot back to the boots, then tying the lace while humming a little.

After she's done, she turned the chair to facing the computer once again, typing some more before the monitor went off. She gets up and stretches once again before turning around just to freeze in her track when her eyes landing on the figure leaning against a wall beside the door.

"O-oh.. Need anything, Lt.?" She awkwardly said as she slowly lowering down her arms to its side of her body. Her sparkling blue slightly green eyes that almost grey looking at him. Tried to maintain the eye contacg even though it's evident that she's nervous.

Ghost stayed silent for a moment, his eyes slightly move to look at the digital clock on the desk along with the computer.

07.30 PM.

"Dinner's ready. They wait for you." He gruffly said then get out of the room. Leaving her on her own.

She blinks her eyes twice before getting back on her mind then slowly walking out of the briefing room, to the kitchen. Didn't forget to close the door behind her.

- - -

Hearing the commotion from the kitchen, she internally smiles to herself before stepping inside.

"Where's my pizza?" She excitedly said when she smelled the aroma of the food. She immediately seated herself on the remaining seat.

"Soap is already eating yours." Gaz voice chimed in as he shoved his pizza in his mouth. Eyes full of mischief, waiting for the two to live up the dining table.

Just before she can protest to the Sergeant, a plate with two pizzas is served in front of her.

She looked down with surprise at the hand that placing the plate in front of her then her eyes slowly trailing up just to see her Lieutenant the one that bringing her plate.

Without a word, he then left kitchen. Leaving her dumbfounded.

"Look, I'm not that cruel to eat yours when you've been working hard for today." Soap said to her before glaring dagger to Gaz.

Sometimes, when both Soap and Y/n decided to have some peaceful moment, it's always either Gaz or Roach that lit up the fire.

Y/n rolled her eyes at his statement then proceed to eat her pizza happily. Ignoring Soap and Gaz.

Price enters the kitchen and went to fridge, grabbing a bottle of cold water, opening the bottle cap with ease then drink. Eyes looking around his team with a smile.

When y/n notices her captain is there, she turned around to face him from around the table. "There's indeed a basement, and I think the security room will be there. But I'm not really sure..." She trailed off as her eyes looking at the ceiling, trying to looking for something in her distance memory.

"It can be either on the top floor or the basement." She continued after a moment.

"Should I go to the top floor first?" Her eyes finally landing on her captain once again.

"How about the vent? Is it possible for you to get down checking the basement from the vent, and if it's not the security room, you can go back up and go to the top?" He suggests as he takes another gulp from his bottle of cold water. Leaning back against the kitchen counter.

"That can be arranged, but it will waste so many times. There are so many vents I need to check." She frowns as she takes a bite from her pizza. Looking down at the floor. Slowly become frustrated again.

Price smiles at her, then he takes steps forward, placing his hand on her shoulder. "Y/n, we still have three days more. You still have time to figure it out. And your team here will help with you." He comfortingly said.

She looked up to see her captain, looking straight into his eyes then slowly nodded. "Yes, sir." She lowly answer then turned around to the table, finishing her remaining pizza.

The older man can't help but sigh, if only Laswell here, she can help to ease down y/n. But she already occupied with something else. He proceed to tap her head twice then leaving the kitchen.

Once they see their captain left, Soap is fast to nudge her. "Hey, lass, you think you're up for an Xbox?"

She looked up to see Soap, already grinning widely at her, then she slowly nodded before shoving the last bite of pizza in her mouth. Get up from her seat, she walks to the fridge and take a bottle of water. "Let's go."

- - -

Words count : 1194.
With love, Seven.