Chapter 21 - Show

It turns out that Hassan managed to escape from the cartel's safe-house just in time when the team almost managed to capture him. And in exchange, the army already set an ambushed for the team. Luckily, Alejandro knew the area well. So he managed to direct all of you to get out of there even though the team had to stop several times to shoot the enemies who managed to follow.

And for fuck's sake, when you all are cornered in a cliff, Alejandro made you jump from the cliff and into the river. If it's not for Ghost who pushed you down, you can't do it on your own.

And thanks for Soap who kind enough to pull you up to the surface. Because hell, this is the first time you have to jump from that high and unfortunately your head hit a rock somewhere in the river. However, you manage to keep your grip tight around your weapon.

The Colonel immediately give another order to keep going, telling to use the rock as a cover. While another batch of cartel slowly appear near the river.

Graves has shown no signs of coming yet. It makes you wonder if he really comes around this time or not.

"Chamber, it's not the time for spacing out!!" Ghost's shout quickly pull you back to reality as your hand automatically aiming for another cartel that come your way.

You shake your head as you don't want to think about it anymore, what's important now is for you to get out of thus situation first. After a few moments of walking along the river while shooting at the enemies, a bridge began to appear in sight. But it's not a pleasant view when there are multiple vehicles already park there.

"Vehicles on the bridge." Ghost quickly informs.

"They're not ours!" The Colonel immediately said back when his eyes quickly scan the vehicles. "Fuck-! It's the army!" He shouted.

"Get to cover!" The Lieutenant gives order and the four of you immediately looking for a cover.

The army shooting at your direction, making it hard to move to another space except you want a bullet hole in your body. You tried to think about something useful seeing how many the army begins to appear on the bridge. Your mind spiralling through all the clue you can get from your memory. You almost ran out of ammo from all the shooting.

"This is Shadow-1! Engaging the bridge north of your position. Danger close!"

Never once did you imagine you would be happy when you heard Graves' voice but now. You let out a breath you never knew you've been holding for so long.

"Who the hell is that?" Alejandro shouts as he takes another army down then get back to cover and reloading his gun.

"Commander Graves. Shadow Company." You breath out as you reload your gun as well.

Ghost glancing at you direction for a second before he's back to focusing on the enemy. "They're with us." He adds.

"Shadow-1, Bravo 0-7. Good shots! Fire for effect!"

With the help from Graves' air support, the bridge fell followed by the army. Immediately neutralize the area.

"All stations, no enemy movement detected. You're clear." Graves announced after some time. "It's good to see you boys... and girl?"

You cringe at how he adds the girl but decided not to interrupt.

"Likewise, mate." Ghost replied as he stands up from his position.

The Colonel is quick to giving a direction for the team to move. "This way!" You followed not too far from Alejandro. While Soap sticks close to you and Ghost is behind to cover.

"Graves, we've located a vehicle for exfil." He said once again to the comms. Informing Shadow Company about our next move.

"Roger that. Be advised, we got a possible hit on Hassan, two clicks north of your position."