Chapter 28 - Beginning

"This one is called Daffodils. It symbolize rebirth, new beginnings, hope, joy, and good luck. And you.."

"You are my new beginnings, my hope, my joy, and my good luck."

"And you both are my lavender. My grace, my calmness, my serenity."

- - -

You jolted awake as you take a look around at your surroundings. A pain shoot through your right abdomen quickly making you lay back down. Groaning in pain. "Ебать..." (Fuck...)

You close your eyes again as your hand come to hold the now proper bandages around your wound.

"Feeling better, amor?" The sound of spanish quickly making you snap open your eyes again. Surprised to see Alejandro sits beside your bed.

He chuckles as he sees your reaction. "Don't tell me blood loss made you forget where you are?"

You furrowed your brow at his question then finally take a look around your surrounding properly. It's not your base. And it clicks when your memories slowly come back, making you realize where you were actually.

And remember what happened.

You closed your eyes again as the current dream coming back to you. You gritted your teeth as you slowly felt your chest tightened around your heart. Crushing it into one and preventing all the air to goes through your lungs. Your breath getting heavier as you tried to calm it.

When you feel like it begin to suffocate you, a hand cupping your cheek and stroking your cheekbone with a thumb successfully dragging you back to reality.

You open your eyes to see Alejandro looking down at you, eyes full with concerned. "Ale.." Your voice crack as you tried to talk. It's barely above a whisper.

"Cálmate, amor. Tranquilo. Respira hondo por mí, sí?" (Calm down, love. Easy. Take a deep breath for me, yeah?) He softly speaks, afraid if he raises just a bit you'll broke down just then.

Your eyes began to well as you slowly nod and trying to follow his lead to take a deep breath.

In.. and out..

In.. and out..

After some moment, you slowly relax. Your breath getting steadier as your mind begin to calm down to not think any further and go rampage once again.

"Feeling better now?" He asked once again, still caressing your face while slowly moving to stroke your hair instead. You lean into his touch as you let out a soft sigh.

"Мне жаль, что тебе придется снова увидеть меня таким." (I'm sorry you have to see me like this again.) You softly shake your head. You close your eyes again as you feel they begin to water, a tear threatening to pass them. His other hand move to hold yours, squeeze it a little.

"Мне бы хотелось рассказать тебе, что произошло, но я не могу. Это больно. Я не знаю что делать. Я..." (I wish I could tell you what happened, but I can't. It hurts. I don't know what to do. I...) You keep rambling in your mother tongue. Unaware of your habit.

It seems your 13 hours of sleep and keep repeating the same dream made you set your mind to talk in your first language subconsciously.

Alejandro just silently listen to you, even though he doesn't understand about what you said at all.

But he's there.

At least he can provide you with his presence. He knows that you like his presence a lot. You told him once that his presence is comforting you.

You always like this, every year on your birthday, after having this incident, wake up from your dream, talking in your mother language. No ones could stop you, you're not even aware. Because after you're done, you will fall asleep again. And when you wake up, you won't remember anything about it except your dream.

Alejandro and Rodolfo know how much you hate speaking in Russian. So they never tell you about this. About what actually happened on this exact date.

"Я люблю своих маму и папу. Я ненавижу себя." (I love my mom and dad. I hate myself.) With that, you fall asleep again. Ending your talking with the same sentence every year. Like it's already set in your mind.

Alejandro looks at you with sorrow. He always wonders what the meaning of your last sentence you always said every year before falling asleep again. He doesn't know anything at all but that exact same sentence always make its way pass your lips.

It's always the same. Never change.

That's how both him and Rudy could assume that the topic you're talking about is always the same. Even when they don't understand.

Sound of footsteps coming to the room finally make Alejandro looked up from you and see the guys.

"Hemos estado esperando afuera." (We've been waiting outside.) Rudy started as he takes a seat next to the Colonel.

Ghost and Soap sit across from them, on the other side. The Lieutenant's eyes immediately locked into your sleeping face. You look so peaceful for someone who just talked non-stop for 10 minutes straight. But he loves the sound when you talking in your first language. Like he said, it's soft and gentle. There's much more care in your voice.

Soap looking back and forth between Alejandro, Rodolfo, and you. After some moments of comfortable silence, he finally speaks. "So... She's always like this?" He said, unsure about his choices of word.

Alejandro looks at him and nods, "Si, just like you see." Before Soap can asked again, Alejandro adds. "But please promise me, do not tell her what happened today. She doesn't like it at all when she's speaking Russian. Especially if her close one hear it."

It made Ghost finally looked up at him. "Why?"

The Colonel just shrugged. "She won't take it well if you guys know. Besides, I think this is the first time you've heard her speak her language? Or even just now you found out she's Russian?" He raised his eyebrows at them, his hand still stroking your hair.

There's a pause in Soap and Ghost movement. "Yeah..." They lowly said. Admitting.

Both Alejandro and Rodolfo kind of felt bad for them. Because at first they thought you don't trust them enough to share your past. But it seems they're the most trusted person for you. Even your current team seems to know almost nothing about you.

Oh how good you are at hiding yourself.

"She will open up when she's ready." Rudy tried to comfort them. But even he himself wasn't sure about what he's saying.

"Will she be okay after this?" Is Ghost's main concern for now. "Yeah, maybe will need time to gather herself first but after that she'll be good and ready."

The guys talk more about your condition and what not to do around you for today when you wake up again. Ghost and Soap learn more about you.

Soap is eager to asked more but Alejandro not explain too much due to you not telling them yourself.

While Simon on the other hand silently listen in the conversation. Taking everything he can gather about you. He kind of feel bad about how he always act around you. All rude and suspicious. But after knowing more, he promises himself to make it up for you even if it's not much.

At least he tried.

- - -

I hope this chapter can kind of explain what happened in y/n's past and how she's still so secretive to 141. But most importantly, me myself also waiting for the time Ghost will admitting his feeling and I finally can get them together in more intimate way :D

Words count : 1224.
With love, Seven.