Chapter 16 - Raise

For the past few days, you tried your best to avoid Ghost.

When you meet him in the morning, when you past him in the hallway, in debriefing room, common room, almost everywhere, if you see him, you won't make eye contact or even acknowledge his presence. You just barely look at him then look away again. Pretend like he's not even there in the first place.

And after that day, Soap has been around you a lot. Not like the usual himself to always want to annoy you, but now more like he wants to make sure you're okay.

You still didn't tell him about what happened that day.

The team kind of feel the change of atmosphere between the three. But they can't quite place their hand on it because between the three of you, there's not much that change either.

Ghost is like his usual self, distant from others.

Soap always around to annoy everyone even though they can see he's a bit different when he's with you.

And you... Well, you've been become quieter than usual. But they assume it's maybe about the mission.

If it's not relaxing in common room or in the kitchen to eat, you will be around Gaz and Price a lot to talk about what might possibly come. Even though you kind of already thought about what will happen after you find Graves' file.

Another day passed and Price once again gather the team in the debriefing room.

And just as you thought, it's about the next upcoming mission.

You sit in your usual seat, in between Gaz and Soap and across from Roach and Ghost. While Price standing in the very front of the table in the room. Facing the big screen attached to the wall where the computer is.

Laswell already on call.

"Alright team, attention on me." Her voice can be heard once Price informed her all the team is situated.

"I have succeeded in tracking down Hassan's whereabouts. It seems that he's going to hide in the border of US and Mexico. And for that, we have the order to capture him alive to ask about the missiles." She started as her tone is steady and precise, cutting unnecessary word in the sentence.

"Because we're going to facing the cartel, we need the help from Mexican Special Forces."

At the mention of the forces, your face slightly lit up. Subconsciously smiling a little which make Soap slightly nudges you and ask what happened. You just shake your head at him then look ahead again to the screen. Still smiling.

But that didn't go unnoticed by Laswell.

"Oh kid, happy to see your Colonel again?" She teased and you shoot her a glare.

"Alright, back to the topic, like I said, they will give you guys all the help they can to capture him. Also, Shadow Compay is going to join us as well, more or less they will give us air support."

You frowned when the older woman said about Shadow Company. Price also looking at you when she said that. You two exchange silent glances around some seconds before looking at the screen again.

"Expect to meet them there. The Mexican Special Forces will waiting for you when you're arrived. Shadow Company, Commander Phillips Graves already there as well. You guys leaving in two days."

You once again begin to trailing in your mind. Sure you already give Laswell that many clues about Shadow Company. Even from the last folder you give her, if she could analyze the words well, it had something to do with Graves' betrayal that would occur in the upcoming mission. But it seems after all your help about that, she didn't quite catch what you've been into.