Chapter 11 - Something Wrong

With your help from the security room, expertly maneuvering your team, they smoothly raided the safehouse. Taking down all the guards sneakily. You manage to make Soap and Roach get inside from the front door and catching the enemies off guard by shooting them from behind when they're too distracted by Price and Gaz from top. While Ghost helping to snipe some of them from afar through the window.

Chaos to say the least.

But with your voice alerting them in time when there's a sneaky enemy, they managed to defend themselves and kill them before the enemy can do.

It's getting so intense to the point your hand that usually don't sweating when you do your usual job on monitoring, now sweat a lot. Your eyes so focused on the screen.

Afraid if you even let one enemy, it will cost one of your team's life.

After another 15 minutes, the gunshots from the building on top of you finally descended. You decided to scan all over the screens carefully, once again, to make sure there are no enemies left that might be hiding somewhere in the corner. Waiting for the right time to catch your team off guard.

"Safe to roaming around." You announced once you're sure there are no more left.

"Copy that."

All four of them, once gather in the third floor, now spreading to each floor. Checking each room properly to gather any helpful information. Gaz taking the top floor, Price in third, Roach in second, and Soap taking the first floor. While Ghost making his way to the safehouse from his sniping spot.

"Leaving my position, going to regroup." You inform your captain as you get up from your seat.

Sliding your gun back to your hand. Still nervous even though you already made sure there is no one left. "Check the room again to gather any intel." Price said, reminding you to which you replied with a "yes, sir."

Stretching your body a little, you turn off the CCTV then turning around and make your way out of the room. Eyes flicker to look at the dead body once again then opening the door. Looking to your left and right, you remember you're coming from right, so you decided to check the fourth room on the left since you haven't see it.

Slowly making your way, you grab the doorknob with your left hand while your right holding the gun up, aiming at the door. Then you quickly open the door and position your gun ready to shot just to see an empty room with a small wooden table in the middle of the room.

You internally facepalm yourself, stupid of you to think there might be enemy inside without them getting alert by the gunshots from top. You slinging back your gun to your back then stepping inside the room, to the table.

There's a single folder on top of it.

But what surprised you is, the file inside written in Russian. The safehouse you raid supposed to be one of the cartel from Mexico, but how can they have a Russian folder? With no translation?

"Captain, this house is one of the Mexican cartel, right?" You asked through to the comms, one hand holding the folder while the other flipping the page of the file.

"It is. Why?"

"I found a file written in Russian. No translation." You voiced out your confusion.

"Russian? How so?" Price's confusion is also evident in his voice.

Silence fell between them, before you speak again. "I'll go check the crates room, maybe I can find something there."

Without waiting for his reply, you get out of the room with the file in hand. Quickly passing to the second room where you remember it's full of crates.