Present.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU FOR ALL THE LOVE YALL ARE SHOWING THIS BOOK IT MEANS SM TO ME YOU DONT UNDERSTAND 

**

The university looked empty, crunchy leaves swept around like tumbleweeds. A storm cloud hung above Louis but he trudged onwards. A coffee in his hand and a black scarf around his neck was how Louis entered his first class.

He wouldn't say the rest of his class were styled like he was but they were all a bit... unusual.

There were about twenty-thirty students in his class already and a faint chatter was rising from most of the tables. He walked over to an almost empty table and sat a seat away from a girl with the tips of her hair dyed purple, a sharp jawline and dark eyes. She glances at him from the corner of her eye.

"Um, hey." He says and puts on a fake smile, waving awkwardly. "I'm Louis."

"I'm Grace." She whispers, her voice airy. She wore a denim jacket with random bands Louis didn't even know. Louis unraveled his scarf and hung it over the back of his chair.

"Nice to meet you," He says and takes a sip of his coffee, "Are you just doing photography?"

"And Biochemistry." She says lightly and looks at him wide eyed, kind of like she's finding his faults. Suddenly Louis wants to show her all of them. Or hide from her in a very, very, very dark corner.

"Oh," He nods, "Do you want to get into chemistry and science afterwards?"

"No."

"Do you like science?"

"No."

Louis nods slowly and nervously looks away, "O...kay." Then he's face to face with a round faced blonde girl, her hair in bubble braids with pink clips.

"Hi!" She grins, "I'm Michigan!"

She certainly didn't sound American. "You're from Michigan or your name is Michigan?"

"My name is." She tilts her head, her pink dress reminds Louis of what little girls used to wear at the fares in his town he went to with Harry. Stop thinking of Harry. "Your hair is so fluffy how did you get it like that?"

Louis glanced between Grace and Michigan, "Um, I... don't... know?"

Michigan smiles, "That's okay." She turns to Grace, "Babe, you didn't wait for me this morning." She sits in between Louis and Grace but Louis only catches fragments of what Michigan was saying. "No, we're fine... I think you scared the man... no you're not scary but remember that your expressions can be just as strong as your words honey... yeah we can get coffee afterwards."

Louis stares at his coffee and tries to not eavesdrop. The conversation with Harry had been only a day or so ago and Louis could not get it out of his head.

"So, you met the girls, huh?" An Irish accent says from behind Louis. Louis turns and sees a man smiling at him, his hair dyed in a frosted tip kind of way.

"Um, I guess." He held out his hand to shake, "I'm Louis." The man grins and shakes his hand as he sits beside Louis. He yawns.

"I'm exhausted."

"That's Niall." A quiet voice pipes up.

"Thanks, Grace." Niall smiles, "I live with these two, we grew up together. Kind of."

"Kind of?"

"Michigan's my cousin. I moved to her place after my parents divorced." Niall sighs, "Anyway, we live in an old apartment down a few blocks with another guy. You got any roommates?"