Present.

A/N

I HIGHLY RECOMEND LISTENING TO THE TANGLED SOUNDTRACK EVERY ONCE IN A WHILE FOR YOUR METAL HEALTH.

BEST MOVIE EVER.

ANYGAYS ENJOY MLS.

ITS BEEN A LONG TIME COMING...

**

It was a weird relationship the two of them had. There were no labels on it, they hadn't told anyone other than the ones that already knew, and hadn't gone on any more dates but as far as Louis knew, they hadn't kissed anyone else. Well, at least Louis hadn't.

He was scared to ask Harry if he was being honest. And their last conversation about love hadn't gone down well obviously, seeing as they hadn't see each other for three years.

It felt just like old times, whenever they hung out, though there was a certain tension in the air, like there was an unsettled matter they were both dying to discuss and Louis didn't know if Harry wanted to as well, but Louis really wanted to ask Harry about love.

The end of term can to a close and that night Louis decided to stay in. It was raining outside, the end of autumn nearing, winter around the corner. The sky was starry, patches of dark clouds not dulling the light of the moon.

Louis calls Harry. He doesn't really know why, he knows Harry will be probably be going to some party with Niall. Harry picks up after two rings.

"Hi," Harry sounds like he's smiling, "How are you?"

"Good." Louis fiddles with a hole in his jeans, grinning too. "Are you going out?" Harry laughs.

"No, actually, Niall's sick. We cancelled...." He trails off, "Why?"

"Did you want to come over? If Niall's not too sick."

"Is this your way of politely asking to sleep with me?"

"No..." Louis smirks to himself, "Well, yes, but also I wanted to see you."

"Um, yeah. Sure-" Something crashed on Harry's side and Niall swears loudly. "Sorry, hang on. I'll be over in twenty?"

"Yeah," Louis smiles softly. I love you. "Bye." Harry says bye and hangs up. Louis smiles and sits up, swinging his legs onto the floor from his couch. He feels all warm inside and he doesn't know why. Then something dawns on him.

Wait.

His breathing quickens, panic floods his body, he picks up his phone and throws it at the wall, as if that'll erase the thought. He grabs the nearest pillow and screams into it. Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, FUCK.

His throat feels tight, his lungs feel weak, his head feels fuzzy and his blood runs cold.

He must have been there for a while because there's a knock on the door. Louis debates saying, sorry, no, no ones home, Louis died due to resent events including absolutely hating himself and throwing himself onto a highway.

But he opens the door, because of course he does.

Harry's standing there, smiling, holding what looks like a bowl of soup. He leans forward and kisses Louis quickly, "Hey there." Louis holds his breath, but Harry just pushes past him and goes into the kitchen. "I brought left over soup because I thought maybe you hadn't eaten yet today, well, at least, nothing healthy, and Niall didn't want it anymore so I thought you should have it and..." He glances back at Louis, "You okay?"

Louis stares at him. How was he not going insane as well?

"Um. Yeah."

Harry studies him. "Okay. Do you want me to heat this up?"