Present.

A/N

WE'RE GETTING CLOSER AND CLOSER TO THE END :(

**

Louis hated the way the morning sun was cast across Harry's face. His skin glowed under it, his hair fanned out like a crown around his head. He looked so peaceful and Louis hated every moment of it.

"What are we doing?"

"What are we doing? What are you doing?"

How could they work after so much history? Or maybe they'd work better because of it. Louis sits up and rubs his eyes, blinking around and noticing the sun was coming in because they forgot to close the curtains.

Harry's dress was tossed on the floor and clothes were scattered. Louis' still had unpacked boxes lying around and he blushed at the thought Harry would laugh at him. He swings his feet out to get up and close the curtains, maybe have a shower. Harry should get more sleep than they have gotten.

"Hey," Harry's raspy voice said behind him and a hand grabbed his wrist, "What are you doing?" Louis glances back at him, his eyes barely open. He reaches out and brushes his hair out of his face.

"Just closing the curtains so it's dark, baby." He almost cringes. Stop. You have to stop this.

Harry smiles softly, "You'll come back though, yeah?" Louis hums a response and Harry lets go of his wrist. Louis tugs on some boxers and walks over to the curtains, pulling them closed.

Then it's dark and he can hear Harry's soft breathes from the bed.

Fuck.

He walks back over and slips under the warm bed sheets, Harry's eyes peek open. "Good Morning." He whispers. Louis can't help but smiles and scooch closer.

"You look happy." He grins and Harry holds the blanket tight to his chin. 

"Well, I'm well fucked." He murmurs and Louis laughs quietly.

It's so silent in their little bubble, like a vacuum, blocking out the rest of the world. Louis knows his neighbors will be getting up and clanging around, he knows there's cars and people outside and he should be able to hear birds out his window but... he doesn't. Not when Harry looks at him that way.

Could it be like this forever?

Then Harry does something that throws Louis, he leans forward and pecks his lips, and when he pulls back Louis wants it again. His stomach flips and Louis thinks it could win an award at the Olympics at this point.

"You still want to kiss me." He blurts out. And Harry frowns at him.

"Who wouldn't?" He asks, his fingers tracing non-existent lines on Louis' arm. Louis shrugs. He didn't know. Anyone else? He though Harry wouldn't. Not after everything.

"And me?"

Fucking hell. There are so many thought running though his brain in that moment it all turns to TV static. He whispers something and he doesn't even recognize his voice.

"Can you kiss me again?" Harry blushes a beautiful shade of pink, leaning in and kissing him slowly. Harry pulls back and apologizes, saying something about morning breath but Louis shakes his head and takes his waist, pulling him closer and kissing him. It's slow and almost nostalgic in a way, but it shuts down Louis' brain and he's pretty sure he malfunctioned because Harry's lips are so, so, soft and his moans are so, so, gentle. Louis almost passes out.

"Do you..." Harry whispers between kisses, "Want to..." He exhales when Louis kisses his jaw, "Get breakfast?" He sighs and his nails claw at Louis' back. He gasps when Louis sinks his teeth into the skin near his collarbone, "Lou..." He whispers, his back arching and his body pressing against Louis. Fuck.