Past.

Tell me if I'm shit at smut please thank you.

anyway. 

SMUT WARNING.

Also THREE CHAPTERS IN ONE DAY?????? FUCK YES????

**

They don't talk about it. It's just something they don't do.

The next few weeks are as normal as they can possibly be when your best friend kissed your neck. There's a lot of avoiding eye contact and cancelling hanging out, but deep down, even though he knew Louis was drunk could it have, maybe... possibly... meant something?

After a month or so Louis acted like it had never happened, and Harry thought maybe either he was crazy and imagined it, or Louis didn't remember it.

There are small moment Harry thinks maybe he does though, like when Harry accidently knocked him over whilst trying to tackle him and got knocked as well, landing on top of him. Louis had looked into his eyes for no more than ten seconds before pushing Harry off gently and claiming it was late and they should go home.

Or when Harry had blushed after Louis made a joke about Harry being a know it all and Louis felt bad, his hand falling onto Harry's knee, he'd noticed and practically leapt away from Harry like he'd set him on fire.

Harry turned seventeen only about two months after Louis turned sixteen and they spent Harry's birthday playing video games in Harry's bedroom. Louis won most times, nothing out of the usual, and they walked down to the bakery, picking up the cake that Harry's mum ordered.

"How old are you now Harry?" The owner of the bakery asked.

"Seventeen." Harry grinned and was shocked when he was offered a job. He accepted it only a few days later and started working on the weekends.

They only had a couple of years of school left and Louis was so done with school. He ranted to Harry constantly, usually whilst they were trying to study for exams.

Harry loved him though, so he wasn't bothered.

**
The year was supposed to end with a bang at the New Years bonfire that a group of year thirteens organized. Harry was hesitant to go, and he told Louis so one afternoon when they were at the football field, Louis kicking goals and Harry sitting on the railing, his feet dangling. 

Well, it also happened to be the same afternoon of the party.

But Harry didn't feel anxious until this morning, it's not his fault.

"C'mon Haz, my house is empty, mums working and the girls are at Grandmas. If it gets too much we can just leave." He kicks the ball into the net and Harry tries not to drool and drop to his knees then and there.

"I guess." Harry mumbles, staring at his swinging feet. Louis sighs and walks over to him, standing in front of Harry looking like a literal God.

"H, if it's overwhelming we can leave? Okay? And if you really don't want to go we don't have to but just think about it, yeah? I think you'll end up having fun." Harry's throat almost closes up when Louis' hands touch his and their fingers intertwine.

"O-okay." Harry stutters, staring at their hands. But when he looks up Louis is staring at him.

"It's going to me okay Haz," Louis breathes and fuck does Harry want to kiss him. "I swear." Louis is so close and his eyes glance at Harry's lips for a moment before he untangles his fingers and steps away.

"Sorry." He whispers and walks over to his football, "We should go." He calls. Harry sighs to himself and jumps down onto the ground. If this shit kept happening he was going to explode.