Present.

A/N

DOUBLE UPDATE YOU BETTER LOVE ME OR ELSE.

;)

*low level smut warning I don't know if it even counts as smut*

"Do you think Harry hates me?" Louis asks a few weeks into the term. Niall was beside him in the library on a Saturday afternoon. A friendship had bloomed between them and they were getting pretty close. He was a nice lad, Louis thought, plus, it didn't hurt that it got him closer to Harry.

He'd decided he didn't hate Harry as much as he'd originally thought. The man infuriated him still, when they bumped into each other Louis often went in the other direction. Not because he was embarrassed more because being around him brought on all these emotions and Louis couldn't cope.

Yeah. That was why.

"I don't know." Niall mutters, editing a photo of a leaf falling from a tree, "I think the way he talked about you for three hours straight says otherwise." He chucks a bit of chocolate in his mouth, "It was straight through The Notebook too."

A buzz in Louis' stomach made his cheeks flush pink, "Fuck, that's his favourite movie."

"Seeing as we've watched it fifty million times this year, I'd say yeah." Niall grumbled. "He uses any excuse to bring up you to be honest. Like, the other day, we were in the shops and he saw this record shop and it had a new Taylor Swift album in the window, and he got all excited and said something about listening to one of her albums for the first time together a few years ago. It was pretty cute."

Louis was blushing fully now, he put his head on the key board of the computer. "He is." He whispered, thinking about how the other day, Harry saw him wearing the scarf he'd given back and had told him as such. Louis only smiled and had been pulled away by Michigan, because they had class.

Stupid classes. Ruining my Harry time.

"We're going to a club tonight," Niall said nonchalantly, "If you want to come. Harry's going to be there." Louis lifted his head up and smiled.

"Really?" Niall nodded.

"I bet if you texted Harry asking if you can go he'd say yes as well." Niall grinned. Louis' stomach dropped. He hasn't texted Harry in years. Surely his number is blocked on Harry's side by now.

"But..." Louis takes his phone out of his pocket, "He hasn't blocked my number?"

Niall frowns, "He thought you blocked his." Louis shakes his head slowly and clicks on the app, scrolling down to Harry's number. 

"Should I text him or call him?"

Niall shrugs, "He's at a café with Grace and Michigan, if you call him you'll probably save him from third wheeling."

Louis smirks, "Are you here to get out of it?" Niall glances at him.

"Maybe."

"Fuck you." Louis grins and walks over to the doors, stepping out into the chilly weather. He takes a deep breath. Maybe he shouldn't. Fuck it. He presses call and holds the phone to his ear. It rings once, twice, three times, four times, five times... then goes to voice mail.

Louis can't help it when his stomach swirls with anxiety. Maybe he misread everything. Maybe...

His phone buzzes in his hand. The lump in his throat turns into a laugh and he clicks accept.

"Hello?" He swallows, smiling to himself, the anxiety turns into anticipation.

"Hey," Harry's voice makes his heart skip a beat. He bit his tongue. Hey baby. "You called?"