- ᴍʏ ꜰɪʀꜱᴛ ᴅᴀʏ -

(Don't look at the drawing too hard)

I woke up in a cold sweat. Remembering what had happened.

I think I did well in the written exam but the practical? I don't know.

My mom abruptly enters the room. "REI!" She was clearly surprised I was awake. Tears began to flow from her eyes, startling me. "W-why are you crying??"

"Hic.. It's.. been a week!" I pat her on the back before quickly standing up.

"The results! If it's been a week the results must have come today." I rush out the door and rummage through the mailbox.

"Ah! The letter!" I run back into the room, where my mom was wiping her tears.

"MOM!" She realizes what it is and gasps.

I rip open the letter. "ACK!" A projection emerges from the letter, frightening me.

"CONGRATULATIONS"

The rest of the letter was drowned out by moms crying and my squealing.

I did it. I'm going to Yuuei!

The first day arrives

I wake up and swiftly perform my daily routine, entering and exiting the bathroom, wiping my mouth with a towel as always. "Ugh.. It's still gross even after doing it for so long.."

I put on my uniform and smile at myself in the small mirror in the bathroom. My expression barely changed, in fact I look creepier. I stop smiling. I pack my bag and quickly scarf down breakfast; A piece of toast.

I walk out of the door, a wide smile on my face. I spot my reflection in a window and quickly stop smiling, goosebumps had formed on my arms. I began to walk to the station as fast as possible.

I'm so excited.

I reach the beautiful gates and enter.

"Ah!"

A familiar navy haired boy zooms by me, coming to a halt as soon as I yelp.

"The girl from the other day, good morning!" He says. "G-Good morning!" I wasn't used to people greeting me so enthusiastically.

He pauses for a moment, seemingly debating between something.

He walks over to me

"Let's walk together!" He says in a friendly tone.

"Okay!" I say a little too quickly. I was happy someone wanted to walk with me.

As we begin to walk he asks questions. "I didn't get your name the other day, what is it?"

"I'm Onibuko Ourei, you can just call me rei." I smile but immediately drop it.

He stares at me for a moment before going back to his questions.

"What's your quirk?" He asks.

"I can transform into any of the three states of matter," I explain.

"It works like this..." I continue to explain for a while. Wow, this feels great, I never knew having a conversation with someone could feel so warm. He continued to listen to me with a light smile on his face.

I finish my rant and realize I've been rambling, feeling a little embarrassed, I say

"Sorry... What's your quirk?" I ask

"Huh? No it's okay it's nice to listen to you." He cleared his throat before continuing "My quirk is called Engine...." I listen intently as he thoroughly explains his quirk, not realizing my mouth had formed a wide smile. My cheeks felt warm, I don't think I have ever felt this way before.