- ᴇɢᴏ: ʙᴏᴏꜱᴛ -

Chapter 8:

All right, I actually have a little energy today, I'll try not to rush this one so it comes out good.

As I walked beside Kouda, I thought about our match just then. I already knew there was no way I could beat him, so what is this feeling of overwhelming shame? He held back at least 50% of his power and still, I couldn't beat him. I hold my arms up and stare at them. Red, purple and blue marks, cuts and bruises all across my arms. My legs were in even worse condition, my body was still numb from the ice. I sink my nails into my palms. Is this the extent of my power? I let out a tired sigh, I entered the monitoring room, pushing the door open.

What I didn't expect was Mina, Ochako and Toru to pounce on me as soon as I took a step inside.

"Rei-Chan! You were so cool!" Mina shouts. "So cool!" Ochako and Toru squeal.

"Yeah, you were... ribbit." Tsuyu nods in agreement.

Momo and Jiro look towards me as well, smiles on their faces, nodding. Iida is right behind the girls and gives me a thumbs up and an encouraging smile. "I agree, you were incredible," He says, causing my cheeks to feel a bit warm.

I definitely wasn't expecting this reaction, I didn't even win? How come they weren't celebrating the winners?

"All right, All right, it's time for critiques!" I hear All might talk.

I step up alongside Kouda and the opposite team, in a straight line facing the rest of the class.

"The MVP from this exercise was... Young Onikubo!"

Huh? Shouldn't it be Todoroki? A confused look appeared on my face.

"Now... Can anyone tell me why?" Momo raises her hand high again. "I can tell you why, Sir!" She takes a breath before continuing to talk.

"Todoroki, while he used his partners assistance in the beginning of the battle, he stubbornly refused to call for help later in the match even when he was facing a difficult situation. Shoji cooperated with his partner well, using his quirk to locate the villains in the beginning of the battle but later, even when there were just six minutes remaining and they still hadn't won, meaning Todoroki hadn't captured the core yet, he didn't think to go and help or check on his partner. Kouda wasn't too bad considering he couldn't use his quirk there, he defended and held Todoroki back as best as he could, being stuck in place, cooperating and following Rei's plan. But Rei was by far the most organised and prepared. She devised a calculated and clever plan very quickly, also setting up a backup plan. Making smart decisions fast and adapting to her surroundings almost immediately. However, she panicked and started making careless moves, causing her to get hurt, near the end of the battle because of her desperation." Momo smiles when she is done giving her thorough explanation.

"Ah-hm! Yes, that is right! I would say m-maybe Kouda could've been a bit more active in battle and Todoroki... more careful! But other than that, you're right! Good job!" All might says, stumbling on his words a bit. "Great job! Now, the next battle..." All might turns to compliment us before moving onto the next battle. The corners of my mouth slightly turn upward. I go back towards the girls as Jiro and Toru leave for the next battle. They all continue to compliment me. "Thanks but really, I didn't do that well." I show them my arms. "I also got way more injuries than he did..." I say, gesturing towards Todoroki.

They all look at him, and back to me, to him again, and me. "Rei-Chan, are you sure you're seeing things right?" Mina asks me. "Huh?"

She grabs me by the shoulders and forcefully turns me around. I gasp. I guess I didn't get a good look at him earlier...

He had a busted, bleeding lip and nose, his arms were littered with bruises, he had large, red marks on his chin and jawline. I did that? Wow... I'm a little... Proud of myself.