- ꜱʜᴏᴘᴘɪɴɢ! -

"E-Everyone... I'm looking forward to hearing all your stories of how fun camp was...."

Mina sobs as Kaminari looks at the floor blankly.

"Maybe they'll end up letting you go! There might be a last-minute twist or somethin'." Midoriya tries to cheer them up.

"Yeah, like at the start of the year, remember that test?" I say, patting Mina on the back, remembering how Mr. Aizawa threatened to kick out the student who performed the worst, yet he's still here with us.

"They said whoever failed the exams would have to skip training camp and live in summer school hell. We didn't pass the practicals. so we're doomed. Don't you understand, Midoriya?! Or did All Might knock all the brains outta you?!"

Kaminari suddenly shouts at Midoriya, giving me a quick glance but not saying anything to me.

"T-That's a little harsh.." I say quietly.

"Ease up, dude!" Sero says.

"Once the bell rings you should be in your seats. Morning...." Mr. Aizawa walks in through the door.

I and everybody else hurry back to our seats.

"Unfortunately, there are a few of you who did not pass your final exams. So, when it comes to the training camp in the woods..." Mr Aizawa begins to speak.

"Everyone is going!" He shouts.

"We really get to go to camp?"

"Seriously?"

I hear Mina burst into tears once again.

"The good news is that no one bombed the written exam. 2 failed the practical badly. one team, of course, and then Sero failed as well."

"Aw! Crap, I knew it." Sero grumbles, covering his face with his hand.

"For the practical battles, the teachers made sure to leave a way for the students to win. Otherwise, you never would have stood a chance. We were interested in observing how you each worked together and approached the task at hand."

I look at Kirishima who gives me a thumbs up, which I return, and a big smile.

"But didn't you promise that the teachers wouldn't be holding back?" Ojiro asks.

"That was just to get you on edge. Besides, the training camp will focus on building  your strength. Those who failed need those lessons the most. We were never going to separate you. That was just a logical deception we used." Mr. Aizawa grins.

Iida suddenly stands up straight, raising his hand. 

"Mr. Aizawa, this is the second time you've lied to us. Aren't you afraid we'll lose faith in you?!" He shouts.

"And here's Iida with the wet blanket." Ochako comments, making me laugh.

-----------------------------

"I'm so excited!" Ochako squeals.

"Me tooo!" Toru jumps up and down.

I scan the lodge guide Mr. Aizawa gave us. 

"A one week bootcamp!" I whisper-yell.

"Are you excited, Tokoyami??" I look at Tokoyami, who nods ever so slightly. "I suppose it will be an interesting experience."