013

Lexi knew how she had threatened Sam with a restraining order. She knew it was the last thing that she wanted. But she knew how things were and she knew it wasn't easy.

She knew how she was trying. And she knew how her head was a mess when it came to Sam.

Lexi knew all they had happened but she knew that she didn't need the drama. She knew that she didn't need the stress of it all.

So much had happened lately. But she knew that she was pregnant. And she knew how she had to put her baby first.

Sam had cheated on her and he had hurt her. She knew it was a lot to deal with. She didn't know what to think.

Lexi looked to her phone and rolled her eyes at the messages off of Sam begging her to give him another chance. She knew that he was the least of her problems.

Lexi got ready for work as she walked down into the kitchen and made herself some breakfast.

She knew how things were with her and Sam. She knew that she needed to try and put him into the back of her mind. How she needed to focus on herself and what was best for her

Lexi knew how none of it was easy. But she knew that she was going to be having her baby soon. She had to think about the baby and what was best for it.

****

Lexi got to work. She smiled as she met to Hannah who looked to her and smiled. "Hey. How are things with my dad? Is he still harassing you?" Hannah asked.

"Not so much. He texts to ask how we are but that's it. I threatened him with a restraining order. I think he is worried I will go through with it. How are things with you and Cal?" Lexi asked as Hannah looked to her and sighed. "That bad?"

"His ex turned up. And I asked my dad for money to make her vanish and cal is pissed at me. I know I shouldn't have done it. I just wanted her out of our lives. But now it's a mess," Hannah said.

Lexi looked to her and smiled. "It can't be easy. I get that. But it's you and Cal. You will be okay. You can make it work," she said. 

Hannah looked to her and smiled. "I hope so."

****

Lexi walked into Sam's office. Sam looked to her. "Hey. Are you okay?" He asked.

Lexi smiled. "I'm fine. Look, I know how things are with us. I know how toxic it has become. But we need to move on. And we need to think about this baby. And what's best for them. We need to put them first." She told him. 

Sam looked to her and nodded. "You're right. We do," he said as the two of them held a look.

Lexi knew how none of it was easy. But she wanted to put her baby first. And do what was best for them. But could she and Sam make it work?