67- no one to blame

"One large vanilla milkshake and a happy meal please

"One large vanilla milkshake and a happy meal please." I ask the woman behind the counter of McDonald's. Sweat is starting to form on her forehead, and I'm not sure if it's because of how much she has to work, or because she's cowering away under Lucas's gaze staring right at her trembling form.

I have no idea why he's staring so intimidating at her, but I can't really ask him to stop as he will just deny it doing it in the first place.

I don't know what happened with me and Lucas today, but I have the feeling he has changed because of the occurring events. It's not particularly in a bad way, he's just looks so much.. older. More responsible and grown-up.

Even though this new personality change of him is kind of pleasant, I'd like my childish sweet brother back. The one who always orders a happy meal, just so he can add a new toy to his collection, instead of the one who now decided to order a big Mac meal without a toy.

I'm afraid he feels like he needs to 'man up' now that he couldn't protect me this once. But that's not at all what I want. If I would've wanted a bodyguard, I would've asked for one, instead of my brother having to participate as one.

When our order is ready, we both take our food and go sit at a booth in the back of the fast food place, almost slipping on the greasy floor.

When we're sat, I immediately start slurping up my milkshake, adoring the taste of vanilla ice.

Lucas eats his fries, slowly, and is still munching on a handful when I decide to free him from his thoughts.

"I don't like this." I say to him after having studied his behavior for a while now.

"What do you not like?" He asks with an edge of confusion lacing his tone.

"This Lucas. The one who ordered a big Mac menu instead of a happy meal." I answer him while sucking on my sloppy paper straw.

"Opinions on food change you know. Maybe I just not like eating a happy meal anymore." He answers me grumpy, not even looking up from his food.

"Maybe. Or maybe something else is bothering you." I hint at him for telling me.

He doesn't take it though, as he answers,"No. Nothing else.", while still not meeting my gaze.

"Lucas." I say in a demanding tone.

"Zina." He says back in the same tone.

I roll my eyes. His personality has maybe changed, but right now it's even more childish than before, and that's not good this time.

"Don't talk then. I'll just complain to Eleandro later on." I say trying to imitate a bored voice.

This seems to gain his attention as he looks up from his food.

"You wouldn't do that." He says looking at me with suspicion in his eyes.

"Oh I would." I say now leaning closer to him, supporting my head by placing my arms under it on the table.