93- Birthday presents

"This would make them happy!" Medea shrieks as she picks up a set of lingerie

"This would make them happy!" Medea shrieks as she picks up a set of lingerie. "They can share it with their girlfriends."

I roll my eyes when I see the bright red bra and thong she holds in one hand, and the matching boxers in the other.

"They don't even have girlfriends." I answer her the obvious.

She pouts her lips, and hangs the lingerie back.

"You could gift them a Lego set." Leanne speaks up shyly.

"I don't know. I want to give them something really special." I tell her and she nods her head, thinking about other gift ideas for Lucas and Diego.

"Maybe.. a book?" Leanne suggest, but I shake my head.

"I don't think they like reading. Besides, we can't give them the same things. They're polar opposites from eachother." Leanne nods, and looks around the store once more.

"I would never go shopping for 3 fucking hours for my brother." Medea complains, while slumping against a rack of clothes.

"I don't know, I just want to give them something special." I explain, and I see Medea close her eyes for a moment.

We walk out of the store we were just in, and look around the Hudson Yards shopping center on the look for something that'll make my brothers truly happy.

I know what they like, but it's all something they either already have, or something I can't buy in a mall. I could always buy McDonald's for them, but I don't think that's a great alternative.

"You can always give them a trip to somewhere. Like Disneyland or something." Medea says.

I consider it, but decide I don't want them to receive a gift from me they can't carry around. Besides, I don't even know if Diego would like that. Lucas will, but I can't let him go to Disneyland alone.

Entering a movie shop, I immediately spot the most perfect gift for Lucas; a limited edition of the movie 'Bambi' where the mother doesn't die. Lucas always told me he hates the part where the mother dies, and it always makes him cry, so this would be the perfect gift for him.

I pick out the movie, and walk towards the register with it. Checking out, I ask the lady to put a bag with it. She asks me which one, and I pick out the cute little tote with a rainbow drawn on it. I just know he'll adore that.

While walking out of the shop, I see a stall which personalizes necklaces, bracelets and rings.

"Wouldn't that be perfect?" I exclaim towards Medea and Leanne, and they seem to be both thinking the same as they're already skipping in the direction of it.

"Hello Miss, what can I do for you?" The man behind the stall asks.

"I would like 2 engraved necklaces for my brothers with the initials 'L.T. and D.T. on them." I ask him politely. I know we all share a tattoo with the same thing on, but since mine has been removed, I feel like I should have atleast something that connects me to my brothers. And this also gives me the idea of purchasing a necklace for my other brothers when it's their birthday.

"Of course Miss. Would you like silver or a gold necklaces?" The kind man asks me, and I answer with silver, as I assume my brothers will think gold is too 'feminine'.

I have no idea if they'll be happy with this either way, but no one had told me before shopping for boys is extremely hard. I would know a thousand-and- one things I would happily receive as a girl, but I have no clue what a boy would like. Especially if their only interests are illegal or stuff you need to buy on the black market. And I can sure tell you I'm not up for a trip towards criminals and thieves.

The old man puts both of the necklaces under a weird looking machine, and little flashes tell me the charms are getting ingraved by laser.

When the 2 initials are written on it, the man takes it out of the machine and puts them in a classy looking bag.

I smile politely at him and thank him before paying. He seems pleased by the money, and I give him an extra tip because he seems like a kind man who might need it more than I do.

"I just need to find something for Diego next." I murmer to my friends, and we both look around on the look for any obscure looking shops which will suit Diego's taste.

"What sort of stuff does he like?" Leanne asks as in trying to help me.

"Uhm, I can't think of anything else than cigarettes, guns and cars." I answer, and she flinches slightly when she hears the word 'guns'.

"Well, you could give him a little statue of his favorite car?" She suggests, and it's like a lamp pops on in my head.

I know, how, everytime we went out in public, Diego told me he'd hope he'd spot a Lamborghini Veneno since there are only 14 sold in the whole wide world.

Right as I'm thinking about it, me and my friends walk past a car display shop.

"That's perfect Leanne!" I thank her, and we all enter the shop.

I immediately walk towards the boss, and ask for my request.

"Hello, I would like a mannequin of the Lamborghini Veneno? Do you have one available?"

"Yes, there's one still in stock. I will get it for ya." The man says, while holding a cigarette in between his teeth.

He walks towards the back, and comes back 2 minutes later with the small car in his hands.

"Is that everything?" I simply nod, and make my purchase.

When we walk out of the mall a minute later, tired and exhausted, I turn to my friends.

"I will call Javi so he can pick us up." I state, and they both just nod.

When Javi agrees on picking us up, I begin closing my cellphone when I see a message popping up.

Luca 💗: I'm proud of you, my love. I knew you could do it.

I almost blush just at the text, and send a big red heart back.

"So, Javi huh?" Medea starts. "Does he by any chance look like Lucas?" She questions.

My brows lift up when I realize she will most likely try to hit on my brother.

"He's 23 years old Medea." I tell her.

"I happen to like me some older man." She retorts.

"My brothers are off-limits." I throw back, and I already know she won't say anything on that.

Until she does.

"But why?" She whines. "You can date my brother!"

I roll my eyes at that.

"First of all, no thanks." I tell her since her brother is literally 12 years old. "And second of all, I already have a boyfriend." Her eyes widen at this, and I see Leanne's head perking up too.

"What? Who is he? You didn't tell us?? Was he the reason you suddenly dissappeared yesterday?" She shoots the one question after the other at me.

"Wow, slow down." I try calming her. "I did tell y'all about him, just not that he's my boyfriend since he wasn't before." I smile mischievous.

Her eyes widen even further at this.

"Don't tell me tha–" I nod my head, already answering her question.

"Omg! You have to tell us everything!" She yells happily.

I only smile at her amusement.

                             •••
I know, I know, this chapter sucks but I had to write it in a rush since I'm sick.

Don't forget to vote, comment and check out my other book! Also follow me if you want me to keep you updated!

Lots of love, Stella xx