Gift✨

Madhukar : Kay!!!! Kharach ????(What!!!! Really????)

(What!!!! Really????)

I grabbed Sulu's shoulder and asked her with happiness.

Madhukar : Sulu, kya ye sab sach hai ?
(Sulu, is it true?)

I knew this was true, but I just wanted to hear that from her mouth.

Sulakshana : Ho (Yes)

Madhukar picked up Sulakshana in one go and swirled her in air. Not even realising that his aai baba are watching them smiling and tears of happiness in there eyes.

Madhukar screamed loudly.

Madhukar : Me Baba honaar aahe. Aaikla ka saglyaani.Me Baba honaar aahe

(I'm going to be a Father. Did everyone heard? I'm going to be a Father)

Sulakshana who was angry a moment ago was giggling in her husband's embrace.

Madhavrao looked at Renuka and said

Madhavrao : Mi pan tula asach ucahlla hota aathavtay jevha tu bollis ki tula diwas gelet.
( I also swirled you like this. You remember? When you told me that you were pregnant)

Renuka who was angry few minutes ago now was blushing just remembering her sweet moments with her husband

Madhavrao : Laajtana tar ajun Sundar distes. Kiti Vela premaat paadshil mala mazhi Rani.
(You look so beautiful when you blush. How many times will you make me fall for you my queen?)

Renuka blushed and saw her husband who winked at her. She walked towards kitchen.

Renuka took a box of sweet from fridge and put two different sweets in a dish. And covered them by putting a bowl on them so Sulakshana won't see what's inside it. She took that towards Sulakshana and asked her.

Madhavrao thought that his wife is giving him sweets and when he put his hand on box his wife slapped his hand.

Renuka: You remember when you swirled me but don't you remember that yesterday Dr told us that your diabetes is high.

Madhavrao made puppy eyes and looked at her with hope that she will give him sweets but Renuka went towards Sulakshana.

Aai : Chal Sulakshana saang bara aata Pedha ki Barfi?

(Come on Sulakshana tell me Pedha or Barfi ?)

{ This ritual is done at 7-8 month of pregnancy in maharashtrian culture. Where the elderly women asks pregnant women that what does she wants Pedha (boy) or Barfi (girl) }

8Months later

Year : 2000

Madhukar's Pov:

I was sitting on couch and reading newspaper while drinking tea and watching news.

Today's Headlines : Mumbai on Red alert.Huge traffic on roads of Mumbai due to heavy rainfall. Don't go outside of it is not necessary.

It was raining heavily. When a loud scream caught my attention. It was Sulu

Sulakshana : Aaahhhhhh!!!!

Aai baba and Madhukar ran towards her and saw that her water broke.

All neighbours came at our door and All ladies took Sulakshana inside bedroom and told Madhukar and his father to stay out side.

Everyone was tensed . Renuka went towards there Devghar in home and started chanting prayers

Renuka : He Deva Rawalnaatha mazhya sunek Ani tyachya baalaak vaachiv mi tuzhya devlaat mazhya naatvaak gheun yetalay.
(O God Rawalnaatha . Please keep my daughter in law and her baby safe and healthy. I'll come for your darshan with my grandchild)

Madhavrao Pov

We all knew that it was not possible to take her hospital right now and I don't want to risk my daughter in law's and her baby's life.

Madhukar's Pov

I could hear her screams. My heart was breaking everytime she screamed. I just wanted to go and hug her. Its been 1 hour she is screaming and crying. That's when A baby's crying voice was heard.

Joshi kaki came out happily and said

Joshi kaki : Aree Madhu tula Mulga zhalay mulga.

( Madhu, you've got a Son.)

I rushed towards our room. and saw sulu. She was looking so tired. Her dried tears were visible. She woke up and saw me and smiled at me slightly.

Then my eyes roamed beside her. There was my little one. Symbol of our love. I took him in my hands. He so small, so fragile, he just looks like sulu. His eyes , his cute little nose, his lips, everything was like her the only thing that was similar in him and me was our hair.

I was so happy that a tear dropped from my eyes. It's only a women who can bare this much pain and still smile. The pain they bare is nothing as compared to a males life. Who said men don't cry. They do cry.

He took my finger in his small hand and was not leaving it. I was just looking at him. and then I saw sulu who was smiling at us. I kissed her forehead. And we both look at our little version. This was the best gift ever.

When we both said "Satyajit".

_____🙏🏻_____