Chapter 19

Jade was pulled aside by Draco as Umbridge shoved Harry into one of her chairs. Jade persisted struggling, and Draco tightened his grip on her arms. "Who were you trying to contact? Was it Dumbledore? Or that oaf Hagrid?"

"None of your business," Harry snapped.

Jade sighed and she heard a slight chuckle behind her. She snapped her head around, and Draco stood blatantly smirking at her. "Let me go," she hissed.

He raised an eyebrow. "So you can rush Professor Umbridge and get yourself Stunned? No go, J."

"You don't know what's going on!" Jade murmured hastily, willing Draco to believe her. "Someone's in trouble!"
"Oh, I know," Draco answered. She waited for the coming smirk, but it didn't appear. His face seemed almost...grave.

"Malfoy!"

They both snapped back into focus at Umbridge's shout. "Go fetch Professor Snape for me."

"Yes, Professor," Draco agreed.

He dragged her along to the dungeons, where Snape was pacing in his office. "Sir," Draco called out hesitantly. "Professor Umbridge wants to see you. In her office."

"What now?" Snape snapped, whipping around to face them. He narrowed his eyes at Draco's hold on Jade. "What's going on?"

"The Headmistress found Potter and Baem in her office using her fireplace."

Snape sighed. "And now I'm getting dragged into it." He swept past the two of them, bumping into Jade on his way out.

Draco 'escorted' Jade back to the action a little slowly, and entered to Snape saying, "You didn't use the last of it on Potter, did you? I say a few drops would suffice."

Umbridge turned pink. "Can't you make more?"

"Of course. I'll have it to you in a month."

"A month!"

"It needs to mature."

In the midst of Umbridge's little squable with Snape, Jade noticed Harry looked like he was about to burst. "They've got Prongs!" He shouted, staring Snape down. "They've got Prongs in the place where its hidden!"

"Prongs?" Umbridge echoed. "What does that mean?"

Snape's face was unreadable. "I've no idea."

"Alright Potter," Umbridge said, shaking slightly. "I tried to get you to tell me...but if just that won't do...then I guess I'll have to use other measures. Let's see if the Cruciatis Curse will loosen your tongue."

"No!" Jade screamed.

"You can't!" Hermione cried. "It's against the law!"

"What the Minister doesn't know won't hurt him," Umbridge said coolly.

Jade struggled in Draco's arms, fighting to get to her boyfriend.

"Wait!" Hermione screached. "I'll tell you! I'll tell you about the weapon!"

"What weapon?"

"Dumbledore's weapon. The one he hid in the forest," Hermione gasped.

"Tell me, girl! What is it?"

"I can show you."

Umbridge stared her down, looking at the desperate Hermione for several long seconds. Then she grabbed Harry and roughly pulled him to his feet. "Just you and I then, right? And we'll bring Potter."

"Professor, I think some of the Squad -"
"I am a highly trained Ministry official. I can handle this on my own, thank you."

They left the room, and it fell silent. Jade looked across from her at Emma, who nodded to her, then gestured her head to the Slytherins. Jade got the gist and made the plan clear to Jessica. Then with a yell, she slammed her small heel into Malfoy's foot and stabbed her elbow into his chest, sending him backwards. She whipped out her wand and recited a limb-locking charm, a smug smile etched on her face.