Chapter 20

Jade's heart felt like it was going to rip its way out of her chest. She stared at the dark figures before her and wriggled closer to Harry. "To me," said Lucius Malfoy, standing in the front.

"Where's Sirius?" Harry asked.

Several of the Death Eaters laughed, and a female voice rose up, "The Dark Lord always knows."

"Always," echoed Malfoy. "The prophecy, Potter."

"I want to know where Sirius is!"

The female voice cackled. "Little baby woke up fwightened and fort what is dweamed was twoo," she mocked in a frightening imitation of a child.

Jade gritted her teeth, making a move towards the woman - but Harry put his arm in front of her. "Don't do anything. Not yet."

"Do you hear him?" the woman shrieked. "Giving orders to the other children like they're going to fight us!"
"I know him better than you do, Bellatrix," drawled Malfoy. "Hes got quite a weakness for heroics. The Dark Lord knows this."

"I know Sirius is here," Harry said - but Jade detected a slight falter in his voice. "I know you've got him!"

Malfoy sneered. "You need to learn the difference between dreams and reality. Now give me the prophecy or we start using wands."

"Go on then," Harry retorted, lifting his wand. Jade copied, and she saw her friends follow.

Malfoy still did not move. "Just give us the prophecy and no one will get hurt."

"Yeah. I give you this and you'll let us all skip on home?"

Just as he finished, the female Death Eater began to shout, "Accio proph-"

But Harry had apparently been ready for her. "Protego!"

"Oh, he knows how to play," she cackled.

"I told you no!" Malfoy roared. "If you smash it -!"

The woman stepped forward beyond her fellow figures and lowered her hood. Jade stifled her gasp at recognizing the pale, gaunt face of Bellatrix Lestrange. "Does he need more persuasion?" The dark eyes locked themselves onto Jade. "Take the little one. Let him watch as we torture his little friend."

Harry shifted himself so that he was standing in front of Jade. "If you want to get to any of us, you'll have to go through this." He held up the prophecy. "I don't think your boss will be too pleased if you come back without it." None on the Death Eaters moved. "So," Harry continued. "What kind of a prophecy is this anyway?"

"You jest," Bellatrix hissed, the grin falling from her face.

"Nope, not jesting," Hardy countered. "Why does Voldemort want it?"

"You dare," Bellatrix spat. "You dare speak his name! Your filthy half-blood lips -"

"Did he tell you he's a half-blood too?" Harry interrupted. "His mum was a witch but his dad was a Muggle. Has he been telling you he's a pureblood this whole time?"

"Stupe-!"

"NO!"

Bellatrix tried to stun Harry, but Malfoy quickly deflected it. "WE NEED THE PROPHECY!"

"If you don't tell me what the prophecy is about, I'm not giving it to you," Harry said boldly.

"Dumbledore never told you told you that the reason you bear that scar was hidden here?"

"What?"

"This can't be," Lucius sneered sarcastically.

Jade tuned out the Death Eaters as she heard Harry's hushed mutters to her. "Destroy the shelves when I say go."