Chapter 21

"Harry," Jade whispered.

"He's not gone," Harry was mumbling. "He can't be gone."

She pulled herself over to him, reaching out to grab his hand.

"SIRIUS!" Harry yelled. "SIRIUS!"

Tears ran from Jade's eyes as she wrapped her arms around her boyfriend's waist. "He's not coming back Harry," she sobbed, "He can't. He's de-"

"HE - IS - NOT - DEAD!" Harry screamed. "SIRIUS!"

Jade hugged him tightly, not knowing what to say to console him. His godfather had just died. She cried into his shoulder whispering, "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry."

Eventually, Hardy stopped yelling. He looked void of all emotion - finally facing the fact that Sirius was gone. Jade looked over and saw Emma holding onto Ron, her head buried in his shoulder. He looked a little off, but he was stroking Emma's hair comfortingly.

"Agh!"

They all turned as Kingsley cried out and dropped to the floor in pain. Bellatrix stood cackling madly, her eyes seeming to find Harry's. She disappeared through some opening and Jade felt Harry struggle in her grasp. "Harry, no!" she shrieked as he pryed away from her hands.

"SHE KILLED SIRIUS!" he screamed. "I'LL KILL HER!"

"Harry!" Jade lept out for him, but was stopped by a soft cry.

"Jade!"

She turned to see Jessica, bloody and lying on the ground, her face full of pain. "Sica!" She ran to her friend, falling to her knees and inspecting her body in panic. She couldn't tell where the source of the blood was, but there was so much looking out of her. "Oh, God. What happened? What curse is this?"

Jade turned to see Harry disappearing after Bellatrix and wanted to follow him but couldn't leave Jessica's side. Instinctively, she moved her hands to the blood and stained her skin red. "I don't know," Jessica croaked.

"Hermione!" Jade called out. Then she remembered Hermione had been knocked out and no one knew if she was awake again. "Emma! Ron! Help!"
Emma was at her side in an instant, looking down at Jessica in worry. "Curse?"

"I don't know," Jade breathed, moving closer to Jessica's face. "Come on, Sica, stay with me!" The loss of blood was getting to the girl, and her eyes were trying to close. "Stay awake, Jess. Listen to my voice." She was close to tears.

Emma began waving her wand over Jessica's body, and some of the blood flow began slowing. "I think I can do this," she whispered. She looked over to Jade, her brown eyes eager. "I've studied for these situations. I can do this. I'll heal her, don't worry."

Jade hesitated, taking Jessica's hand. Ron came closer, putting his hand on Emma's shoulder. "Go help Harry."

With one last look at the unconscious Jessica, Jade decided to trust Emma with her friend's life. She raced out of the room, following Harry's path and sneaking through a small doorway. She ran down the corridor, hearing spells smashing through the Ministry entrance. Her mind momentarily shot to Harry battling Lord Voldemort and she panicked, her heart racing as she sprinted towards the sounds.

She does through the opening, gasping for air. "Jade!" Harry was on the ground, backed up against the wall.

"Harry," she breathed in relief. She darted over to his side, sinking down beside him. "Are you okay?" she demanded, ignoring the spells flying around them. "What happened? Are you hurt?"

"I'm fine." He grabbed her investigative hands and brought them down.

At his assurance, Jade turned her head towards the battle before her. Voldemort and Dumbledore were wand to wand, shooting calculative spells at each other. Jade froze up, unable to process and take in Lord Voldemort. He was there before her, his snake-like face contorted in anger. Fear paralyzed her, having the Dark Lord so close and so deadly.