Prologue.

Silence was around the teenage girl as she stepped into her home, It was pitch black in her home and see couldn't see a thing. She was alone, yet again. "Mom?" The floor creaked with every step she took to get to the light switch. Her leg came in contact with something on the floor and she felt herself falling. "Shit" The young girl muttered rubbing her leg where she hit it, rubbing the pain away. She looked around her, she was on the floor next to her couch in the living room. Just the window light from outside was in the only light in the dark room.

She started to get up, but stopped. She could feel liquid on her leg and hands. "Did I really hurt myself that bad?" She said to no one but herself, getting up and finally reaching the light switch. Lightness came into the room, it was bright making her wince from the sudden change from being in a pitch black room.

Her eyes widened when she looked down to see not her blood, but her mothers. Her dead brown eyes staring into her blue ones. Screams echoed in the Collins house, Hot tears streamed down her face as Hayden fell down on the floor on her knees, shaking her mom. "Mom, Mom wake up!" She pleaded looking at her still mom's body. There was a gash of blood from her neck, and bruises making it look like she put up a fight. "Momma please.." Hayden trailed off letting her head fall onto her moms chest, sobs shaking her whole body. The pain to much to handle, Blood was everywhere. All the walls, on the floor, her hands. She could feel the red staining her hands and it made it harder to pull away from her mom.

Her hands were shaking and she felt dizzy, her vision going in and out making her see black dots. She blinked gripping onto her mom's red stained shirt as a sob racked her small body. This can't be real, Hayden thought. Her head swimming with confusion and why it was her mom, She knew it was selfish but she couldn't care right now. Her mom was taking away from her, and there was nothing she could do to get her mom back.

Everything was in slow motion around her as she stood up, only to trip back on her feet. Her head swaying as she looked down at her red stained hands. Hayden licked her lips tasting salt from her fresh tears that continued to run down her face, It felt like hours have passed but only seconds went by in slow motion for the girl. Hayden looked back down at her mom as she finally felt everything speed back up. "Mom Your not dead, your not dead you-you can't be!" Hayden yelled helpless but her mother didn't respond or even blink like Hayden expected her too, Silence greeted her again.

Hayden's eye begin to feel heavy, the world beginning to disappear while closing her eyelids. A feeling of loss settling in the pit of her stomach. There is no void to filled because her mothers love is gone out of her life. Feeling empty and lost, a huge hole in her Hayden's heart she doesn't know what to do next. "Breathe Hayden Just breathe." The girl told herself feeling her lungs begin to close on her as a panic attack was on the rise.

Suddenly the girl felt cold, and felt a hand on her shoulder, she looked up to see a girl who was brunette and had a small sad smile on her face. "Who are you?" Hayden sniffled tears still flowing down her face. "That's not important. What's important is you need to get out of here now." The girl said with a serious look on her face, she had wide eyes and was stiff and kept looking around like someone was going to attack.

"What's going on? Who killed my mom?" The girl asked her voice breaking letting the girl who looked like she was her age pulling her up from her feet. "Look, It's going to be hard to explain right now, all i now is that your in danger..I can feel it." The girl opened Hayden's door from her home pulling her out. "Wait, No I can't leave my mom." Hayden said tearing her grasp of the girl away from her wrist. "Someone wants to hurt you, Kill you" The girl said while she saw fear replaced on Hayden face, "Listen to me carefully you need to go to Beacon Hills California, find Scott McCall he will help you and keep you safe alright?" The girl said smiling at Hayden and pushing her into her car.

"How can i trust you! I don't even know who you are!" Hayden yelled fear and confusion laced in her voice. "I'm trying to help you, Scott will keep you safe i promise. I know this is terrifying you and confusing, but you need to get away from here now." The girl sighed pain in her voice when she said the boy's name. "Look, I once lost my mom too. It hurts like hell but someone or you will be there and pick up the pieces of your broken heart after."

"What's your name?" Hayden asked starting her car, looking up at the girl her eyes soft as she heard her say she lost her mother too.

The girl hesitated with wide eyes she spoke "Allison."

And with that Allison was gone, and Hayden speed down the road, heading to Beacon Hills California somewhere she didn't know. She looked back at her home she grew up in and a sob escaped her lips once last time. She needed to be strong for herself, and find Scott McCall.

She was leaving her mom and life behind. She felt cold and didn't like the fact she felt like she was going over her head and into something she can't go back from.

She can't go back now.

dedicated to nik because her book echo is amazing and i wish i was talented in writing like her. So??? Comment what you thought! hope you liked it<3-Jay