13

13; Monstrous

"Run!"

Hayden shouts fear laced in her voice, looking back seeing arrows being throw at all of them. Her feet feel heavy but she manages to keep her feet moving the reminder in her head to help Satomi's pack and get them all somewhere save. She can barley see anything in the pouring rain coming down on them only the sound of feet running, yelps of fear and pain, and her own heavy breathing.

They three of them stand in the lacrosse Field frozen in fear, Hayden's head spinning she could die tonight. And not get to say goodbye to Stiles or anyone she cares and loves about now. Brett looking at Hayden pushing her behind his back, she was in front of the girl who knew Brett. She was clutching Hayden's arm making Hayden try not to wince.

It was deadly silent. They were all waiting for the time to come, Hayden just wishes it was going to be over because the waiting made her feel anxiety come up in her stomach and make her palms sweaty.

"Close your eyes!" Brett yells over the rain which made Hayden freezing and drenched with the rain all over her clothes and body. Brett looks around narrowing his eyes keeping the two girls behind his back, trying to protect them. He just wants to make sure Hayden stays alive, he knew she was going to have a propose in Scott's pack. She already impacted them all so much.

A arrow comes flying through the air ready to hit Brett instantly killing him, Hayden next. "Brett!" Hayden yells in fear but cuts off seeing Kira in the rain, blocking the arrows with her sword. Hayden smiles once Kira looks back and sees them. "Come'on!" Kira yells beginning to run, Hayden following with Brett and the girl.

--x--

"Thank God I didn't die." Hayden mutters as Scott and her go out the door to meet with Kira, he throws a helmet to Liam, telling him briefly what's happening. "Are they different from the ones who tried to light us on fire?" Liam remains where he's standing and questions Scott about the assassins. Hayden noticed Liam discomfort about coming to help, "We can drive you home instead Liam if you don't want to come. It's totally okay." Hayden says giving him a small smile.

"Scott I'm not like you, or the rest of the pack" Liam declares, "I don't mean I'm not strong, or I'll never learn to be in control. I mean everything else, you and your friends try and protect everyone. Have you been doing this the whole time? I mean, how are you all still alive?"

Hayden looks at Scott who looks down muttering, "Not all of us are." Hayden knew he was referring to allison or all the ones the pack lost on the way, Hayden felt someone staring at her and she looked around. No one was there, Allison wasn't in the room.

"Liam let's take you home."

--x--

"Stiles calm down I'm coming now." Hayden says into the phone talking to Stiles while also trying to not get run over by nurses and doctors running through the hospital hallway.

"I just can't keep thinking of you in danger! I don't want you ever to leave my sight okay." Stiles says through the phone. Hayden rolls her eyes at his overprotectiveness making her way to the hospital room seeing Stiles come in view.

She hangs up on Stiles which she can see Stiles freak out. "Hayden? Hayden? Are you okay! I swear to the love of god--"

"I'm right here Stiles." Hayden says laughing walking into the room which Stiles breaths out a breath, meeting her halfway and bringing her into a hug crushing her. "Don't do that, It's not funny." Stiles mutters into her neck while Hayden pats his back laughing.

"It's pretty funny to me." Hayden pulls away planting a kiss on his lips but pulls away fast making Stiles frown.

"That's all I get?" Stiles asks looking at Hayden's lips still.