10

10; strange thoughts and feelings.

"So you want to talk about what happened?"

"Um not really."

"Why not?"

"Because."

"Because why?"

"Jesus Stiles." Hayden groans putting her hair in a ponytail going over to his bed laying down which Stiles just watches her.

"Why don't we just talk about what happened Hayden." Stiles spoke grabbing a chair and sitting down.

"Because I thought you were going to die or get hurt. I didn't mean to tell you I like you Stiles, It just-just came out. When you came back with blood all over you, you know how scared I was? I was terrified and I wasn't with you to protect you or stop it from happening." Hayden closed her eyes not wanting to see Stiles reaction. It is silent then the Stiles bed dips and someone staring at her.

"Open your eyes Hayden." Stiles says close to her face.

"No."

"Open your eyes." Stiles repeats himself gently tugging her hair. Hayden opens her eyes to see Stiles hazel eyes looking at her, Inches away from her she should add.

"You don't need to worry about me," Stiles says softly, "I need to protect you. Your the one who is worth much more than almost Scott and Lydia. That's a big deal, and if you die or i get a call from my dad to find out you got hurt, i-i wouldn't be able to move on because it's my job to protect you."

"No it's not I care take care of myself Stiles, I don't need a bodyguard." Hayden said giggling when Stiles gives her a look.

"Too bad you got one already." Stiles says leaning over to turn the light off and pull the covers over them. It's silent for a minute, Stiles closing his eyes in till he hears Hayden and opens them.

"Are you okay? I mean with Malia and everything?"

Stiles gulps nodding even though Hayden can't see him. "I'm okay. I would be lying if i didn't say it doesn't sting a little but i'm okay. I got you here right?"

"Right and I'm not planning on going anywhere."

"Good." Stiles responds letting her drift off to sleep but not before he closes his eyes again and whispers, "I like you too."

--x--

Hayden is cold. She feels cold inside.

Everything freezing up with what she just heard.

She could hear Melissa screaming and sobbing about Scott. Hayden breaths in closing her eyes not wanting to look at Scott's dead-almost dead body on the hospital morgue. Melissa runs into the room still sobbing. Stiles tenses up and rubs his hand up and down Hayden's back comfortably.

"I still hate this plan," Melissa says sniffling, While Hayden leans her head on her shoulder.

"Me too." Hayden says starring at Scott's lifeless cold body.

"This is terrifying because he actually looks dead."

"Can I see your hand," Noshiko Kira's mom says taking Melissa's hand and placing it onto of Scott's chest where his heart was. Melissa sucks in a breath, "Is that enough to keep a werewolf alive?"

"Enough for a alpha." Noshiko responds, "We only have 45 minutes or Scott will be dead for real."

"We won't get to 45 minutes because that's not happening. We can't lose Scott." Hayden mutters walking away from Stiles and Melissa. Needing to get out of the morgue where she last saw her mom go.