Chapter 38

Ai/Itami POV

"Pardon?" I queried, furrowing my brows in an expression of pure shambles. Unintentionally, I twirled my pencil as a act to ponder further at his statement. This whole new aspect was utterly confusing, yet a small jab of investigation dribbled. Could it have been that that was the tenth question, or was it a disguise to kick the Genins' confidence? Possibly, both? Spews of gears ticked vigorously in my head, the effort wasted once the disturbance decided to break a window. 

Literally.

Smashing through, fragments of glass flew through the classroom, specks even landing on desks. Frowning, I watched the arrival in curiosity, gasps and puzzled grunts coursing around. After all, it was sudden, especially when the thick tension silenced all till this. A banner spread at the front of the class, a female I couldn't recall cockily stood with her hands on her hips. She adorned a smirk along with a glint of mischief in her eyes. Clad in, improperly, a fishnet shirt, shorts, and a trench coat, I merely prayed that she could afford clothes. Well, seeing that she obviously lacked it.

"Alright, I'm Mitarashi Anko, the second proctor for this exam!" Announcing so, she raised her arm up. "Follow me!" Obliging to her order, my seat screeched as I took a stand. Glancing around to see that no one else did as well, I blinked dumbly. They all stared at me, Sasuke conspicuously facepalming whilst shaking his head. Honestly, I may just blame this on my teammate who forced me to consume five bowls of ramen, and this idiocy I'm currently experiencing is probably the influence from Naruto. First, we passed in such a trivial way. Second, the proctor declares for us to stand, yet, here they are, comfy and relaxed. I am, once again, left dazed.

"Wha--" Cutting myself short, realization hit me. The fact that they were in temporary shock did not come across to me. "Oh. Sorry." Planting myself on my seat without shame, I proceeded to wave it off, like it never occurred. I faintly heard someone mutter and deem me as an idiot, but I found that as an advantage of not being targeted much. Well, more like it was my excuse.

Clearing his throat to ease the awkwardness, Ibiki shot Anko a pointed gaze. "You're early," he stated, making her flush in embarrassment. "Again." Finishing his derision, she huffed in response, glaring across the room.

"There's so much of them!" Complaining at this, she clicked her tongue. "You've gotten soft, Ibiki." Disappointed, she pursed her lips thinly as she turned to him. He nearly looked proud, crossing his arms in a paternal flavor.

"That, or we have a talented bunch this year." Ibiki mused, looking at every participant, but prolonging it on Naruto. Smiling lightly at the sight of him, Anko grew dissatisfied.

Heaving a groan, she sent a demanding aura. "Time for the second exam, everyone get up!" I made sure that I wouldn't be the only one this time, waiting for someone else. Soon enough, everyone was gathering to their teams, bundling around and chattering some. Making my way towards the regrouping of my team, Sasuke immediately scolded me.

"Itami, you were so obvious that you were cheating!" He stated, glaring down at my unexpected self. Honestly, I thought I was pretty slick, dropping my pencil and all. "Everybody saw you drop it!" Adding on, I frowned.

"Does anybody know what I did, Sasuke?" I retorted, earning a huff, indicating that he had no answer. "I made myself look stupidly harmless, attracting less threats to us." I proudly told, having him cross his arms as he glared in a different direction. Unlucky for Naruto, it just happened to be where he was approaching.

Pointing an accusing finger, Sasuke gritted his teeth. "Oi, dobe, you were the worst!" Said knucklehead grew furious, balling his fists tightly. Bickering back with a horrible comeback, Sasuke easily found his win of words. Barking things like, "Your dumb face looked even dumber when you tried to cheat off the person next to you." And, like usual, it fired Naruto up to a greater extent.

"Naruto, stop fighting with Sasuke-kun! We need to hurry and go to the second exams!" Sakura exclaimed, pointing towards the line of examiners following the proctor elsewhere.

"But Sakura-chan~!" He whined, attempting to defend himself by throwing it on Sasuke. I sighed as it only made things worse, silently giving him my condolences. In the midst of my prayer, a hand took my wrist and pulled me along. Gazing in shock, I met the amiable expression of Sakura, smiling genuinely. "Let's go!" She cheered, dashing forward as I regained my comprehension. Nodding, a ghost of a grin plastered on my lips. I vow to spend time with her, since, without the buoyancy of boys surrounding us, we catch on quite well. Hopefully, our teamwork together will click and become more coherent, rather than faint. Though, my expectations are high, thinking that mere eye contact can immediately have us both knowing. However, I believe it could, just by our little 'chat' during the writing exam.

"Wait up!" Naruto shouted, chasing behind us with a reluctant Sasuke. Skidding to a stop, we walked with the bundles of people, having had caught up. Just as quick, the Uchiha was besides us, beating Naruto in terms of speed, even though that Uzumaki had a head start. Shoving his hands in his pockets, Naruto panted heavily, trudging next to me with a slouched figure. When his eyes glided over to Sasuke, his posture straightened as he saw him unaffected. Imitating all of us, breathing still ragged, he placed both arms on the back of his head.

"Hah, that was nothing! I could run way farther and longer!" He declared, too loudly, might I say. Earning glares from other teams, Sasuke sent his own, causing an atmospheric change. Tension welled between he and many of them, catching more attention than before. This group of mine must be quite fond of being targets.

Slipping my way besides Sasuke, I lightly nudged him. "Your actions are the perfect way to have everyone want to kill you." I noted in a jolly tone, smiling at the opponents with a threatening stare.

He scoffed, ready to argue till he saw my expression. "Looks like you're not one to talk." Smirking, he begun to ignore the foes, watching ahead with a satisfied gleam. Believing they were victorious, the teams turned back smugly, most likely bragging to their comrades.

Like a chain reaction, everyone stopped in their tracks, having me curiously look ahead at what had them trembling in their shoes. From their backs to above their heads, the sight made my blood run cold. Instinctively, I sought to dig into my mates' safety for the entire part. With my hands curling up, unsure and hesitant with every cerulean glance. Biting my lower lip, Naruto seemed to worry me more, if that was even possible at this point. Boisterous till now, he practically bounced in place, finger outstretched, aligning to the view.

"It's huge!" He exclaimed, mouth agape and hues glistening in euphoria. Drawn to it, he begun sauntering closer, forcing us to tag along to the front. Due to their terrified state, it was an easy shove and squeeze. Nice, as he is most of the time unless he's irritated, Neji-kun moved to the side for us, granting us access. Once to the front, Sakura quickly punched Naruto into reality.

With a clearer view, I clenched my jaw, thickly gulping. Familiar with its interior, I would have deemed it naturally dangerous. Adding the fact that various teams want a taste of Uchiha blood, it can be considered lethal for us. However, that wasn't what bothered me to such a great extent. It was the possibilities and predictions I feared. If I were to be occupied, fighting, whilst my comrades couldn't keep up with their foes, what would happen? Fond of it as an area for training, I wouldn't say the same for a death arena. If this were just a test of who can make it to the center, then it would be a simple task.

However, I knew more than the naive. Judging by her words earlier, that this may just become a bloody battlefield.

-------------

BUDUM BUDUM~! Hai, guys! ^-^ I have given you all a shitty update! And I am sorry for that! I'm sorry for everything, actually. Not updating for a year....

ANYWAYS

I HAS JUTSU AMINO, THE NARUTO AMINO BTWW

IF YOU HAVE IT TOO, WE CAN TALK :) I am Trashy Uchiha. I recently had a fight on that app lel. Sooooo... bai?

AND SORRY FOR CRAPPY UPDATE

The Flower That Will Someday Wilt |Naruto Fanfic|जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें