Chapter 4

Ai/Itami POV

I observed the new rookie intently, scrutinizing every move he made. He seemed to fidget under my gaze, but continued showing me his ANBU materialism. I was currently on a job, a certainly boring one, to test if the applicants in ANBU were good enough.

Nara Tamaki: He was a shy kid, one that lacked the Nara's outstanding intelligence and wasn't very skilled with using the Shadow Possession Technique. I mean, he was obviously older than me so I shouldn't call him a kid, but I'm still his 'Senpai' whatsoever. He was said to have great skills, in fact even said had surpassed everyone in his clan, but it never crossed my mind once as I watched him miss a target with a shuriken.

He turned to me expectantly, panting already as his palms sweated in nervousness. He did try his best though, but he wasn't cut out for it. I smiled at him, hoping to make it as hopeful as possible.

"I'm sure you would be a great ninja, but I'm sorry..." I said, taking a pause to let it sink in. "Please try out next year." With those words, his face fell but he had a tiny glint of happiness as he waved goodbye to me.

I put the word "fail" on the side of his name and walked back to the Hokage. I had just finished; him being the 156th person I had tested. So far, only six had passed and was currently getting their things ready. It was a bit weird for me to get jobs when I wasn't an ANBU anymore, but realized that I was still a former ANBU. I passed my old team, who had a new captain, and received bows of respect. I nodded in acknowledgement and transported to the Hokage's office, turning into a bunch of butterflies, after I had dropped off my uniform.

"Hokage-sama, I finished accordingly to your request." I informed, bowing in respect. He smiled and nodded, straightening up in his seat.

"Thank you, Itami. I'm sorry for giving you such a task even after your discharge." He apologized, blowing the smoke from his mouth.

I shook my head and smiled at him. "It was no problem." I assured, parts of my body turning into paper as I was about to take off. "I actually missed having things to do, thank you Hokage-sama."

He smiled and nodded appreciatively, sucking in some smoke from his pipe. "I'm glad you're happy."

I fully turned into paper airplanes and left through his opened window. I transformed back and landed in front of the shopping district. There, after at least ten seconds, was engulfed by the youthful-ness of Gai.

"Itami-chan~!" He screamed in a distance but kept coming closer and closer as he practically left a dust trail. He stopped in front of me, grinning as his teeth sparkled. "It's good to see you again!" He exclaimed as three Genin caught up, panting.

"Gai Sensei! Why do you keep running off?!" A girl with two buns whined in irritation.

"Don't worry TenTen! Gai Sensei is just very youthful today!" A boy that looked exactly like Gai said as admiration was evident on his face.

"Tch, why are we always having to stop you from doing stupid-" The Hyuuga boy was cut off as he stared at my blue orbs.

Though, as if to ignore his stare, Gai started booming with questions. "How is ANBU? Have you been doing youthful? Still taking up the offer of being my rival? How's Kakashi? He isn't being unyouthful to you, right? Are you on break? Wanna challenge me on climbing a mountain? I know, we could race up to the end of the village! How's that sound? Or would you prefer-"

"Gai-san, please breathe." I told him with a sweat drop. TenTen, I assumed, looked at me quizzically.

"Why did you call him Gai-san?" She asked as the two boys also looked confused.

Gai's grin didn't falter as he swung his arm around my shoulder, bending since I was very much shorter than him. "Well, Itami's my Senpai of course!" He exclaimed brightly, not even feeling like his youthful pride was gone as he admitted that a twelve year old girl was his 'Senpai'.

Third Person POV

The Hyuuga boy, Neji, watched the girl curiously yet unconsciously, admiring the ocean blue-ness in her eyes that showed gentleness, and her graceful ways of speaking, moving, even how the wind made her hair sway. It was all too surreal for him. Though, he never believed in 'love at first sight' or those dumb speakings of 'true love' but more like 'fate'. Destiny was on his side, or so he believed, but the situation was in his denial as he merely called it a 'coincidence'. He watched as she gave a sweet, closed eye smile that had him melting where he stood.

"It's nice to meet you all." Her voice was as sweet as honey, obviously showing that she was a nice person. She opened her eyes and suddenly, a paper bouquet of flowers was quickly made in her hands. "I'm sure Gai-san had been a great Sensei, and I'm grateful to see that he's happier than usual with you all." She handed the flowers to TenTen, who took it in awe.

"Wow, it's beautiful..." She breathed, Lee looking over her shoulder to see it too. Lee's eyes turned stargazed, mouth in a tiny smile as he cried anime tears.

"I-It's so- so... YOUTHFUL!" He cried, making Gai join in and hug each other. Itami smiled sweetly, head tilted to the side.

"Arigato." She said with such ease, as if she had no nervousness to talking to people she had just met. She was confident, nice, caring, sweet, everything that had made Neji feel like it was all a dream. He didn't believe someone like her could exist, he just couldn't.

If only she knew who she truly was.

I was on a Shikamaru Block! XD I mean Writers Block.... Sorry for being late and all, but I've been super duper busy!

Neji: *Scoffs* yeah, watching Anime is being busy.

Me: Hey! I really wanted to watch Danganronpa!

Neji: *Rolls eyes* whatever, I'm leaving.

Haha! See you, my fellow pizza!