Chapter 6

Ai/Itami POV

I raced out of my house, heading for the training grounds to, obviously, train. Though, I always liked training in the Forty-Fourth training ground, also known as the Forest of Death. No one ever went there so it was quiet, which I liked, despite the giant man-eating animals and lack of safety. It wasn't as bad as the outside world though, where you can die without even blinking. In there, it was easy to survive.

I opened the gate and walked in, breathing in the bloody smell and the sound of beasts growling. I smiled and placed down my targets, all in different trees. I stood in the center and made paper shuriken, getting ready to throw. Closing my eyes, I sensed the bullseye of the targets and threw, hearing the thuds. I opened my eyes to see all of them dead on the spot. Smirking to myself, I decided to make a new jutsu. I concentrated on the ground, putting paper and paper bombs in the soil while I hovered in the air since half my body had disappeared into paper. With deep, and great concentration, I looked to see the ground split from each other, creating a long and deep fall. I watched as trees fell and exploded, some giant bear following along.

I landed on the ground a little ways from it, panting. That had taken too much chakra, I better not overuse it. I reminded myself, putting the ground back together. Breathing heavily, I found it best that I should head home, seeing that most of my chakra was depleted.

On my way home, which was on foot since I didn't have enough chakra to turn into paper, I started to get drowsy. I stumbled and fell into someone's arms.

"I-Itami? Are you okay?"

I looked up at Kakashi and smiled, nodding while I regained myself and left his arms. "Yes, I'm just tired from training." I explained, then saw his eyes widen.

"What kind of training did you do? You're chakra is almost gone!" He exclaimed, dragging me back home in a hurry. I sweat dropped, seeing that he had went the wrong way.

"Um, Kakashi-san?" I questioned, trying to stop him.

"Not now! We need to take you home!" He didn't even turn back.

"B-but..." I tried to reason, but he cut me off.

"No buts!"

I smiled and stopped him by jumping on his back. "Kakashi-san, you were going the wrong way." I informed, making him blush slightly before going into the correct direction. He seemed to forget that I was on his back, so I just enjoyed the view.

I noticed that some classmates of mine were frozen in place when they saw me. I smiled at, what's her name, Sakura and began playing with Kakashi's hair since it was so weird. I mean, it defied gravity! Well, it's not as weird as Sasuke's hair, nothing is. What kind of hair is shaped as a duck's butt? I mean, I already mistakenly thought his hair was a lost duck when his head was the only thing in view, so I ended up trying to pet it. Of course he had stiffened when my hand connected to his head, and I had to explain why I touched it in the first place.

Let's just say, I think I've gotten my first hater.

Well, I am making some friends in the least. Nara Shikamaru and I had gotten along, and he had said, "At least you're not a troublesome woman." I've came close to Kiba, Hinata, Shino, and Choji. Well, I only became close to Shino when I show that I am not disgusted by his bugs. I'm used to it, I've been paired up with some Aburame in ANBU many times.

Naruto doesn't seem to like me, and I don't mind, but I am curious as to why he does. He's boisterous, loud, and sometimes annoying, but I don't hate him, actually, I want to be friends with him. Okay, that sounded a little bit desperate, but I really want to get to know him.

I sighed, stopping my hands and staring at the sky. "Kakashi-san?" I asked, feeling down all of a sudden. He seemed to notice the aura change and stopped, looking over his shoulder at me.

"What is it?" He seemed hesitant, almost scared.

"Who..." I closed my mouth and shut my eyes tightly. "Who were my parents?" I blurted out of the blue, making him stiffen.

He gave me a sympathetic look before setting me down and patting my head. "I don't know. But I bet they were amazing people and are looking all over for you." He assured, smiling softly.

"But, Kakashi-san, why don't I know them?" I inquired, trying to see if I have any memories of them whatsoever, but failed.

"I..." He sighed. "I don't know, I've never met them. Hopefully, you'll reunite once again in the future."

I smiled and nodded, bowing in thanks. We continued walking, but I wasn't very satisfied with that answer, I just didn't want to trouble Kakashi.

Who are you, Mom, Dad?

I'm sorry for the lack of detail and grammar! I've been getting lazier, but I promise next chapter will be better.

Comment

Vote

ThatRandomLoveStory-