Chapter 18

Ai/Itami POV

We hastily approached the duo, though, I couldn't help but feel on guard as I felt a ghostly presence. It was swarming with hatred and, at the same time, a longing feeling. It seemed full of sorrow, nothing but emptiness that mourns for certainty. My eyes widened a fraction when I saw the same shadow just watching me. A light glow of red coming from, what I may call, his shadowed orbs.

"Well, let's go!" Kakashi announced, me having had failed to notice that he had let them pass. He gave me a worried glance before continuing with Sasuke and Sakura, leaving Naruto tied to the log. He was screaming at them to let him out, which gave me the notion that he had forgotten me. I untied him and gave him a closed eye smile, him returning it.

"Thanks, Itami-chan!" He exclaimed, throwing his hands behind his head as he gestured for me to walk with him towards the others. They were waiting, watching us in slight excitement, for Sasuke, and complete and utter fangirl-ing from Sakura.

I trotted along, trailing behind as I turned to look at the shadow once again, but was met with only emptiness. He wasn't there.

"C'mon, Itami! We don't have all day!" Naruto shouted, and I hurried over to them, excusing myself with an apology. Kakashi never stopped giving me concerned glances, which we're highly unnoticeable to the trio. And, in all honesty, I had no idea where we were heading.

I walked alongside Kakashi, just like how I used to back in our ANBU days. It's funny, though, I act as if I'm old, without any new experiences coming along. I guess ANBU was the only experience I really wanted. The team, being captain, going outside, missions, being an elite, all those many things that I called life. Sure I didn't really support violence, but I didn't really dislike it either.

I was out of my thoughts as I just realized that it was Kakashi and I, standing in front of the dango shop where all his friends were. They smiled at him, calling him over, but looked quite confused when they saw him being accompanied by me, the former ANBU Captain of Team Ko. They knew me, of course, because I would always be the captain of most of the missions they went on. But it seems that they didn't know my relationship with Kakashi. Well, he was always distant towards many, except for maybe Gai, Tenzo, and I.

"I-Itami and Kakashi? Do you two know each other?" Kurenai asked in amazement, sitting beside Asuma with their hands entwined. Gai, being Gai, had brought his team with him, exclaiming how youthful they are and just bragging about his training. I smiled at all of them, but they were too preoccupied with their confusion to return it.

"Yeah, Itami's my friend." Kakashi shrugged, not in the mood for explanation, instead, in the mood for an explanation from me. It caused a sigh to escape my lips as I understood his gestures, but I quickly went back to my nice and friendly expression.

"It's good to see you all." I greeted, smiling with such ease. "I hope you all have been well."
They just nodded slowly, not taking in my acknowledgement nor my friendliness. I didn't mind, though, them still not having a proper explaining, instead one that made them even more confused.

I switched my gaze towards Gai's team. "Hello, TenTen-san, Lee-san, and Neji-kun." TenTen smiled back and waved, jogging over to me. She clasped my hands in hers, excitement visible in her eyes as she began spouting, "You know, we should have a get-together! Just you and me! I mean, we barely know each other so why not become even greater friends?"

I was quite shocked at this. She was so confident on trying to get along, and I really liked her suggestion, too. Maybe it wouldn't be bad to just have another close friend. I looked over at Kakashi to see him smiling, nodding his head for me to accept. I smiled at her and agreed. "Sure."

This caused her to let out an excited squeal of delight, jumping up and down with my hands still in hers. I, of course, didn't join along in her movements, but smile sweetly at her. She told me when, the time, and where, which I was grateful to. Actually, it was surprising that it would be today, at 6:00, and at her house. Me, not knowing what to do, asked Kakashi.

He packed my stuff, like a father would do, told me my curfew, like a father would do, and told me to brush my teeth, my hair, to eat, to drink water, to stay healthy, and to be clean, just like a father would do. This all caused me to see him as a more paternal person instead of my best friend. Hopefully, he wouldn't get too dramatic when I come back home.

GUYS!! HI! I AM SORRY FOR BEING LATE ON UPDATING, BUT I DID IT! YAY! THE CHAPTER ISN'T AS GOOD SINCE IT DOESNT HAVE MUCH DIALOGUE, BUT I HAD NO WORDS TO PUT! XD! SO, HOPE YOU ENJOYED! I'LL SEE YOU ON THE NEXT UPDATE!
ThatRandomLoveStory-