Chapter 2

Ai/Itami POV

I refused to let go of Kakashi as I stared at the entrance of the Academy. He sighed deeply, running a hand through his hair as he puts his book away.

"Itami-chan, you'll be fine." He reassured for the thousandth time. I swallowed, still gripping his hand tightly, knowing that once I let go, he'll leave me in a puff of smoke.

"K-Kakashi-san..." I gulped, trying to find the courage to tell him. "C-can you p-pick m-me up a-afterwards?" I asked, more innocently and pure than I wanted.

He stared at me in shock, slightly taken aback. I could practically hear his thoughts: Itami? Scared? Not possible! I've never seen her this way! Wait, is this even her?

"Yes, Kakashi-san, it's me." I deadpanned with a sweat drop, huffing slightly. "I just never really knew anyone other than you and Tenzo-san." I confessed, staring at the others through the window. "I don't really know what it's like to be around people." I muttered, but to my consent, Kakashi heard.

He smiled sadly under his mask, putting a hand on my head. "I'm sure you'll beat all of them, I mean, you are former ANBU Captain, The Angel's Flower in all the bingo books, and you beat all the Records at such a young age!" He reminded, making me feel more confident. "I hate to admit, but you even surpassed me years ago." With that, my eyes widened as I stared at him in awe.

I shook my head vigorously. "No, no, Kakashi-san! I could never beat you! You are too amazing!" I retorted, making him chuckle as he ruffled my hair, smiling a closed eye smile.

"It's the truth, Itami-chan. You are strong." He then opened his eye, giving me a look of pride. "I believe in you. Now, go kick some butt."

Determination filled me, not wanting to disappoint Kakashi. I nodded, letting go, and to my surprise, he waited until I disappeared into the Academy. He waved lazily, until I couldn't see him as I entered.

Taking a breath, I trotted over to my new classroom. As I was walking, a voice called me.

"Ah, Itami senpai!" I turned to see Iruka grinning at me. He approached and I smiled. "So you're my new student huh?" He questioned, looking slightly confused. "But aren't you already ANBU?"

I nodded, and began to explain. He seemed to understand my situation, but also had a hint of pity. I mean, who wouldn't? I had to kill people my whole life, no friends, except for Tenzo and Kakashi, never went to the ninja Academy, and certainly didn't have freedom. I even pitied myself at times.

After the explanation, he leaded me to the classroom. When he slid the door open, we were greeted by loud, unending chatter, squeals, laughter, and some crushed paper being thrown around.

Iruka walked to the front of the room, but they didn't even take notice. "Hey, settle down!" He yelled, but was ignored. He grew an anime vein and yelled louder, "BE QUIET!"

It was instantly quiet, chairs squeaking as some quickly sat back down. He cleared his throat and smiled at me with a sweat drop.

"Sorry about that." He apologized, and I only shook it off with a smile. He then diverted his attention to the class. "Okay, we have a new student!" He informed, the class staring at me. "Would you like to introduce yourself or should I?" He asked.

"It's fine, you've done enough, thank you." I said and he seemed happy to be praised by me.

I turned to the class, eyes emotionless as I refused to open up to them. "My name is Itami, pleased to meet you." I said, and immediately whispers and gossiping started to inverse.

"She better not go near my Sasuke-kun."

"She's pretty, but if she goes near my Sasuke-kun I'll make her ugly!"