Chapter 29

Ai/Itami POV

Sasuke, Sakura, Kakashi, and I were protecting Tazuna, leaving Naruto behind for his outrageous amount of chakra loss. Though, as everyone seemed laid back, I couldn't help but feel tense as it seemed like a bad day, which I had a bad feeling about. It was a concerning quiet as we neared the bridge, cold hair swarming us almost immediately. This air, this chakra, though hidden, I was familiar with it. "Don't let your guard down. Zabuza and Haku are here." I informed, making Sakura shiver slightly. We all froze when we saw a large amount of unconscious bodies on the bridge, making me suspect further.

The prospect of this situation made me serious as I readied my chakra to manipulate paper, feeling some chakra release as fog spread into the air. I closed my eyes and tried to focus on chakra, knowing that it's useless to look for them if I can't even see. However, it was a loss as the fog was filled with Zabuza and Haku's chakra, hiding them. And, as they came into view, I felt Sasuke's adrenaline rush as he shook.

"Hm, it seems that ones still shivering." Zabuza mused, getting Sasuke's usual smirk. I smiled as I watched Sasuke from the corner of my eyes, a slip of paper hovering near me.

"I'm shaking with excitement." He exclaimed, grabbing a kunai. Zabuza made some water clones, making Kakashi nod at Sasuke who quickly finished them off, getting a devious smirk from Zabuza.

"It seems like you have a rival, Haku."

"So it seems." Haku said, nodding. Though, was ignored as the others began spouting things about him.

"Hmph, what a coward, hiding beneath a mask." Kakashi said, making me smile.

"Kakashi-san, you are aware that you also wear a mask, right?" I questioned, making him glare at me. I quickly stopped talking, focusing on Zabuza and Haku only after seeing his threatening gaze.

Haku and Sasuke began fighting, looking as if on equal strength. I stood close to Tazuna, watching his sides closely and making sure he is out of harms way. Sakura did the same, holding a kunai stiffly by her side as she switches her gaze from Kakashi to Sasuke, watching their fight. She seemed nerved by all this, her heart pumping loudly, even I could hear it.

"Sakura, don't concern yourself with their fight. Focus on any threat or dangerous projectiles heading for Tazuna." I said, making her nod slowly as she takes a deep breath to calm herself down.

Tazuna was greatly troubled, scared that his safety was left with two girls going through hormone changes. Except they are both flat. And forever will be.

Though, it all went downhill as Haku began doing a jutsu, a certain one at that. Ice mirrors began forming like a dome around Sasuke, making my eyes widened. "The Yuki clan." I muttered as Sakura began freaking.

"What is that? Kakashi Sensei? Itami?!" She panicked, looking at either of us for an answer.

"It's a kekkai genkai only one from the Yuki clan have. Though, last time I checked, they were extinct." I informed, making Sakura fear for Sasuke's life.

And, once silence consumed us, a scream of pain came from the dome, making us stare in shock. "Sasuke-kun!" She yelled, hearing the pain in his voice made her scared. I gritted my teeth, knowing that I should and shouldn't.

Then I remembered: I will not let any of my comrades die, not when I'm around. My eyes widened as I ran for it, dodging Zabuza's sword by just an inch and began fighting from outside of the dome while Sasuke fights inside. I threw paper shuriken, making Haku's attention on me while Sasuke threw a kunai. Haku only got a tiny scratch. While we continued this, Haku must have gotten tired of our movement, grabbing my arm when I threw and throwing me inside the dome. I landed on Sasuke, sliding backwards as I tried to get my air back.

"Tch. This is annoying. Can you still fight?" Sasuke muttered the first part, then looked to me, asking the question sternly. I nodded, standing up and forming new strategies in my head. I observed my surroundings, seeing that he was indefinitely in all the mirrors. Before I could continue thinking, a group of needles came at us, coming from all sides. I gritted my teeth as it grazed me, since it was unexpected, but I managed to start dodging while Sasuke screamed. I diverted my eyes to him and dodged over to him, blocking with a kunai at times. I jumped in front of him and began blocking him with my kunai, forming some shuriken to block sides that my eyes couldn't follow.

Sasuke's eyes widened as he watched, and I took a risk to throw him a kunai. Though, as it neared him and he looked ready to catch it, it was hit with a senbon, sliding under the mirrors and out of our reach. I quickly continued blocking as another wave of needles came. Sasuke took this time to get used to his speed, his eyes trying to see through it. I smirked at that, the boy did know how to use his time during such a serious battle.

Sakura looked towards the kunai and clenched her fists, grabbing it and throwing it at us. "Sasuke-kun! Catch!" I heard her yell. However, Haku caught it, coming out of the mirror. I smiled as I felt a familiar chakra and watched as he was grazed by a kunai, one that made him fall out of the mirror.

"Naruto..." I sighed in relief, taking this time to sneak out of the mirrors. Sasuke nodded in approval, smirking as he found this plan better. Just before I was out, I was grabbed by Naruto and dragged back in.

"Jeez, Itami. We're supposed to help Sasuke, remember?" He scolded, acting inconspicuous as he neared Sasuke. "Hey, Sasuke. I'm here to break you out, 'ttebayo." He whispered, still holding me in his lock.

Sasuke's eyes twitched as he looked to me, and to Naruto. "You idiot!" He screamed, practically flaring. "You were supposed to attack from the outside while I attacked from inside! And why did you bring Itami?! You just ruined our plan- You know what? Never mind, you're hopeless!" He groaned in exasperation as Naruto let go of me.

"Me?! I just came in here to save you, you teme!" He yelled back. I felt seriously annoyed as I watched them bicker, having this urge to just slap them, throw them into Haku, bury them, lock them into confinement without food and water, ban them from missions, and let them go through extreme training.

As they continued screaming at each other, I then joined in. "Both of you are idiots! Shut up! Be quiet! And go die in a hole!" I screamed loudly, making everyone stop moving, even the ones outside the dome. I swear I could hear Kakashi sweat drop.

"Wow, even I couldn't get her to be that mad or show this much emotion." Kakashi muttered, wondering what the two had done to achieve this.

"Idiots! Idiots! Idiots! I am annoyed by you, I am seriously hating you, and I am extremely enervated by you!" I finished, knowing that I had never been this uncool during missions. I was usually cool and collected, but now I couldn't keep my irritation. Before this even happened, I was calm, I was serious, and I was collected. You can't go a day with Naruto and Sasuke together before going insane!

Sasuke and Naruto were quiet, wondering if they should say something, but thought against it as they saw my expression.

Idiots.

Hey guys! Derp! I honestly wanted to make this chapter longer and keep writing, but decided I should just write another chapter later since I had just run out of ideas. And, wow guys, Itami had just lost her cool. Man, she's crazy. Well, I'll see you on the next update!

ThatRandomLoveStory-